shea stadium
Mar 12, 2010 at 7:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

steverino

New Head-Fier
what happened to the pic of shea stadium flushing meadow park and the national tennis center in nY. it was an aerial view what page on the post your photos is it on?

Mar 14, 2010 at 5:48 AM Post #3 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What?

Ohhhh, That's why your post count is so high!
wink_face.gif

Mar 14, 2010 at 9:48 AM Post #4 of 18
Well, if only the OP could have been a bit clearer...

"pic of shea stadium flushing meadow park and the national tennis center in nY"
"it was an aerial view what page on the post your photos is it on? "

Mar 14, 2010 at 1:36 PM Post #6 of 18
I can understand the confusion. He doesnt live in NY, or even the USA, so he may not of even heard of these places, and the names are all jumbled together with no punctuation at all.

""what happened to the pic of shea stadium flushing meadow park ""

""what happened to the pic of [ shea stadium] in [flushing meadow park] ""

Shea Stadium is in Flushing Meadow Park, which is the name of the village/towne .

Mar 14, 2010 at 2:08 PM Post #7 of 18
The confusion stems more from the second sentence than from the first I imagine.

"it was an aerial view what page on the post your photos is it on?"

I think it should be translated as:

"It was an aerial view. On which page or in which post of the Post Your Photography Here thread can I find it?"

Mar 14, 2010 at 3:22 PM Post #8 of 18
As a native English speaker, I still can't figure this out. It's like he came from the illiterate tennis forum 'head-fi' (like the brand, not the appendage).

Mar 14, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzjudz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The confusion stems more from the second sentence than from the first I imagine.

"it was an aerial view what page on the post your photos is it on?"

I think it should be translated as:

"It was an aerial view. On which page or in which post of the Post Your Photography Here thread can I find it?"

x2, he/she's looking for a specific picture, quite likely from one of the photography threads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by james444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Clear as daylight, I'm surprised a Headphoneus Supremus can't figure that one out.

I was joking, of course.
wink.gif

Mar 15, 2010 at 6:17 PM Post #10 of 18
Ok, well i wasnt sure if you were joking (james444) but now i know.
I thought you were just verbally attacking krmathis, and im pretty sure his first language isnt english because he is from Netherlands and knows a few languages, and does very well with english actually.

We just have to remember that this is a mixed international forum, and not everyone here has english as their first language, so we have to be patient.
I wish i knew another language other than english. It would be nice to be able to know 4 or 5 languages.
Whats sad is people that only know one language and cant even get that right, but thats another topic.
So lets be helpful and non-judgemental.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 16, 2010 at 3:00 AM Post #12 of 18
lol..that's gonna get you an answer for sure now

I live like 10 minutes away from that area and had no idea what the heck the first post meant
tongue.gif

Mar 16, 2010 at 3:25 AM Post #14 of 18
Welcome to Head-Fi Steverino.

I am sure that comments like this your stay will be short.

Quote:

Originally Posted by steverino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you guys are major tools. I'm missing a few commas. If you don't know the answer to my question just don's answer it. TOOLS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back