Shanling M3X Portable Player - Our smallest Android Player
May 22, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #856 of 2,448
How would you say the M3X compares sound wise to the Ibasso DX160. Willing to put up with the laggy UI if the sound is a big improvement over the M3X. Thanks!
@gadgetgod responded to the comp with DX160 but as for the lagginess, there is none with the shanling app. The problem with the shanling app is that it groups albums of the same name together regardless of artist and it doesn't yet have gapless, but it's fluid. Hiby App addresses both of those issues but it's a bit laggy. UAPP fixes all of it No lag, gapless, artist and album artist, but it's $10 and in my opinion is totally worth it. It creates an great user experience combined with a great sounding player. The M3X is night and day from the M5s - less money but substantial upgrade. Deeper bass, better extended treble well nicely detailed mids.

May 22, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #858 of 2,448
I tried neutron and yest it ran smoothly but I really disliked the UI so after a brief trial with UAPP, bit the bullet. The good news, i can use it on all my other android devices as well and it has a very good UPnP implementation to get onto my NAS.

May 22, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #859 of 2,448
Great write-up @gadgetgod ! I can really see where Shanling was going with the M3X thanks to your words, sounds like a wise implementation of that DAC/amp chip and I get a sense of the wholly different flavor compared to the N3Pro.
Glad you liked it bro :)

May 22, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #860 of 2,448
@gadgetgod responded to the comp with DX160 but as for the lagginess, there is none with the shanling app. The problem with the shanling app is that it groups albums of the same name together regardless of artist and it doesn't yet have gapless, but it's fluid. Hiby App addresses both of those issues but it's a bit laggy. UAPP fixes all of it No lag, gapless, artist and album artist, but it's $10 and in my opinion is totally worth it. It creates an great user experience combined with a great sounding player. The M3X is night and day from the M5s - less money but substantial upgrade. Deeper bass, better extended treble well nicely detailed mids.
I actually use UAPP most of the time on Android devices. I am actually used to its user interface.

May 22, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #861 of 2,448
Hiby app is bit laggy on a lot of daps, anyone try neutron? That usually runs very smooth, although I prefer hiby.
I’ve found the more time you spend using Neutron, that the interface becomes secondary to the amazing sound it produces. If you spend the time to alter the look it is also more bearable!

May 23, 2021 at 2:56 AM Post #862 of 2,448
What is the exact name of UAPP on the store app on the M3X? I searched for it and couldn't find it.

The Shanling app is very smooth, my main problem with it is the fade-in of tracks that I just don't understand. I've had this with the Fiio app on occasions, as well, and I don't know if it's because of hiccups while reading tracks or some other reason. The HiBy app also has occasional hiccups during playback - on one occasioni it started to happen with every track and I had to restart the player.

The way each app organizes tags is curious. I have multi-disc albums that appear as multiple albums on the HiBy app, and as single albums on the Fiio and Shanling app.

I've also used the Foobar2000 app. I like some parts of its interface better, but so far I haven't found an app that I prefer over all else.

May 23, 2021 at 5:30 AM Post #864 of 2,448
I actually use UAPP most of the time on Android devices. I am actually used to its user interface.
I actually downloaded UAPP for the first time last night after using the Tidal App for so long. I'd always held off because of the interface but I have to say it's absolutely worth it. The UI experience vs Tidal is actually far smoother and you get used to its user interface very quickly, not to mention the improvement in sound quality.

May 23, 2021 at 6:33 AM Post #865 of 2,448
What is the exact name of UAPP on the store app on the M3X? I searched for it and couldn't find it.

The Shanling app is very smooth, my main problem with it is the fade-in of tracks that I just don't understand. I've had this with the Fiio app on occasions, as well, and I don't know if it's because of hiccups while reading tracks or some other reason. The HiBy app also has occasional hiccups during playback - on one occasioni it started to happen with every track and I had to restart the player.

The way each app organizes tags is curious. I have multi-disc albums that appear as multiple albums on the HiBy app, and as single albums on the Fiio and Shanling app.

I've also used the Foobar2000 app. I like some parts of its interface better, but so far I haven't found an app that I prefer over all else.

UAPP = USB Audio Player Pro

May 23, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #866 of 2,448
May 23, 2021 at 7:17 PM Post #869 of 2,448
I will install uaap player but does anyone try to use Plexamp ? Anytime I tried to play a song I get back to the precedent screen and nothing happen (no sound and no error message).
I have all my HiRes songs in my plex server and I like the UI.. I would love to use it on my m3x

Users who are viewing this thread

Back