Shanling M3X Portable Player - Our smallest Android Player
May 4, 2021 at 11:25 AM Post #661 of 2,447
I just clicked "About" from the app and I'm on V4.02 build 5534
The app store says the same thing. International version V4.02 released April 13

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210504-082319_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20210504-082319_Google Play Store.jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 0
May 4, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #662 of 2,447
I just clicked "About" from the app and I'm on V4.02 build 5534
The app store says the same thing. International version V4.02 released April 13

Oops, I should have been more clear. I was asking about UAPP.

May 4, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #663 of 2,447

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210504-083017_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20210504-083017_Google Play Store.jpg
    350.4 KB · Views: 0
May 4, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #664 of 2,447

OK, thanks! That isn't the new version with 16x MQA decoding under bitperfect, I guess it hasn't hit the store yet. It does "appear" to work if you keep bitperfect off however, which doesn't seem correct...

Last edited:
May 4, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #665 of 2,447
Just in case, have you tried the Neutron Music Player? I'm wondering how does this one perform compared to UAPP, and they are in the same price range.

I love Neutron, tons of customizations and great parametric EQ. If your just playing music, not using external DACs I much prefer Neutron over UAPP.

May 5, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #667 of 2,447
@ Shanling. Not sure, but I think my 1 month old MX3 just died. I was listening to it, powered it down, went to charge, and nothing. Now I try to turn it on, and nothing. I press and hold various buttons, nothing. Nothing happens at all. Any advice? I pushed a tiny button below the power knob, but that just led to a pin hole in my DAP. Ugh. Thanks. I will reach out to the vendor as well.

Well, that was a scare. After several long press attempts, it finally turned on. Whew. Anyone else experience anything similar to this? Thanks.

Last edited:
May 5, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #668 of 2,447
@ Shanling. Not sure, but I think my 1 month old MX3 just died. I was listening to it, powered it down, went to charge, and nothing. Now I try to turn it on, and nothing. I press and hold various buttons, nothing. Nothing happens at all. Any advice? I pushed a tiny button below the power knob, but that just led to a pin hole in my DAP. Ugh. Thanks. I will reach out to the vendor as well.

Well, that was a scare. After several long press attempts, it finally turned on. Whew. Anyone else experience anything similar to this? Thanks.
First time I plugged my M3X by USB to my Mac, same kind of issue appeared to me. The screen went black, the LED went red (because charging I guess), but even by unplugging it, pushing the wheel, touching the screen, no reaction... as you, that was a scary moment for sure.
-> I pushed the wheel a dozen of seconds then it rebooted :wink:

Have to say, I didn't get this issue since, and maybe it happened because I didn't have AFT or OpenMTP installed at this time (Mac Android file managers).
Since I installed OpenMTP, everything was fine then.

Last edited:
May 5, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #669 of 2,447

Would that pin hole be hard reset by chance?

May 5, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #670 of 2,447
Would love to check this out, it looks really wide though. It looks quite big in the hand. But I'm curious. I've just tried out hiby R5s, sony nwa 105, and ak sr25. Also tried Q1 but that bugger was just too heavy for me and I didn't like the screen.

Always on the lookout for the best 'small dap'. :wink:

Last edited:
May 5, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #671 of 2,447
Would love to check this out, it looks really wide though. It looks quite big in the hand. But I'm curious. I've just tried out hiby R5s, sony nwa 105, and ak sr25. Also tried Q1 but that bugger was just too heavy for me and I didn't like the screen.

I had the SR25 and M3X. Returned the SR25. M3X is just way more functional and the extra width isn't that bad, even compared to the stunning ergonomics of the SR25.

May 5, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #672 of 2,447
I had the SR25 and M3X. Returned the SR25. M3X is just way more functional and the extra width isn't that bad, even compared to the stunning ergonomics of the SR25.

I tried the sr 25 and it was nice, I just liked the sound of the hiby R5s better, plus it's got full android. AK stuff looks so nice though. Maybe the people in the pics on musicteck for the m3x ads have small hands lol. The R5 is dwarfed by my hand. I do like shanling stuff though, I loved my m2s.

May 5, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #673 of 2,447
Would that pin hole be hard reset by chance?
I am not sure. I thought it was a hard reset button, so I used a little paper clip to depress it, and that just pushed it into the unit, and now I have a little pinhole. Seems like a tiny button that went to nowhere (which I am sure is not the case). Either way. the DAP now works.

May 5, 2021 at 3:44 PM Post #674 of 2,447

I love this M3X. It fits nicely in my hand and even though it's all aluminum, it weighs nothing making it supremely pocketable both in jackets and in jeans. Shanling has done a great job implementing those Sabre DAC chips and it sounds great.

May 5, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #675 of 2,447
I am not sure. I thought it was a hard reset button, so I used a little paper clip to depress it, and that just pushed it into the unit, and now I have a little pinhole. Seems like a tiny button that went to nowhere (which I am sure is not the case). Either way. the DAP now works.
If it's directly under the power/volume wheel, I don't think that's a button. I believe that is the little light that shines red while charging, and other colors when connected to Bluetooth headphones or speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back