Shanling M2 DAP
Nov 13, 2015 at 2:10 AM Post #346 of 1,348
Autocorrect strikes again, lol 
wink_face.gif

How're you liking the new FW @hakushondaimao?

Nov 13, 2015 at 2:48 AM Post #347 of 1,348

So, for us dummies, do you download the file from Shanling (which is a RAR type file) to your desktop and then unzip it to see the m2.fw file which you then put on the micro sd card and then install it in the m2 and then update the firmware on the m2?
See, I told you I was a computer dummy. Man, I can commission a power plant, an oil refinery or chemical refinery all with thousands of loops but these f%%$#@ computers drive me nuts!!!!! Why can't the file just be in a bloody format that we can download straight onto the player without all the f$$%%^&&** around to bloody zip and unzip and all that ****! What ever happened to KISS?
Ok, I've had my computer rant and I will let my blood pressure come down now. Boy, iPods are sure a helluva lot more simple, just plug and play. I hate software and firmware updates. 

Nov 13, 2015 at 2:56 AM Post #348 of 1,348

So, for us dummies, do you download the file from Shanling (which is a RAR type file) to your desktop and then unzip it to see the m2.fw file which you then put on the micro sd card and then install it in the m2 and then update the firmware on the m2?
See, I told you I was a computer dummy. Man, I can commission a power plant, an oil refinery or chemical refinery all with thousands of loops but these f%%$#@ computers drive me nuts!!!!! Why can't the file just be in a bloody format that we can download straight onto the player without all the f$$%%^&&** around to bloody zip and unzip and all that ****! What ever happened to KISS?
Ok, I've had my computer rant and I will let my blood pressure come down now. Boy, iPods are sure a helluva lot more simple, just plug and play. I hate software and firmware updates. 

You've got it @swannie007! I actually just plugged the M2 in via USB and transferred the m2.fw file over with the mSD card in the M2 - eliminates one of those steps. See, I'm a fan of the KISS philosophy, too!
wink_face.gif

I actually just asked @Shanling to see if they could use ZIP files instead, because my Mac automatically unzips those - eliminating yet another step!
L3000.gif

The reason you want a compressed folder is so you get a change log along with the firmware update file.

When you do get it working, please let us know what you think. I worked with @hakushondaimao to clean up the English translations and asked very nicely for a switch to 120 volume steps so I can fine-tune the volume with my IEM.
beerchug.gif

Nov 13, 2015 at 3:16 AM Post #349 of 1,348

I have a Mac as well and I am just so pissed off with the whole bloody affair I am just going to leave it. I had to do a reset on my unit and I am so over it, f%$k it! I had the same frustration trying to update my M3. Should have known better. Great gear but the update procedure is a royal PITA! The updates on my FiiO units was a breeze compared to this. When I move to America I will go to a dealer and let them hassle with it. Major PISSED OFF!
I think I'll have a nice glass of wine now and just enjoy my main desktop rig. Thanks for your help folks. Cheers.

Nov 13, 2015 at 3:22 AM Post #351 of 1,348
swannie007: I've got to sleep now, but I can try to walk you through this tomorrow. Besides being a RAR file, the update process is actually the same as with your FiiO DAPs. The firmware is actually the same base for Cayin, FiiO, and Shanling's DAPs.

Give me some specifics, and I guarantee you we'll get you updated asap!
:beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back