Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB Transport || Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX || DSD
Nov 13, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #1,373 of 3,480
  mine was working with the initial firmware and with the new firmware.. paired with House of Marley XLBT.

Thanks. Anyone else try pairing with the Momentums? I got the M1 to pair with my car stereo without issue (though it doesn't transmit the ID3 tags to the stereo).

Nov 14, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #1,378 of 3,480
Any possibility DSD decoding can be made native by development and upgrading of the firmware in the future?

I think native DSD playback internally would be too difficult to bother, but it should be possible to at least support DoP output as a USB transport.
It's just a matter of firmware being able to push the DIFF/DSF into DoP packets. No intense transcoding is needed.

Both AK (via USB) and FIio X5 2nd (S/PDIF) was able to achieve DoP via firmware update at a later stage, so I would find it surprising if Shanling cannot do this, given that the firmware development company is the same as Fiio.

In the meantime, it's great that M1 can output PCM 352.8 kHz

Nov 14, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #1,379 of 3,480
I haven't been able to update my M1, which arrived today. Not sure if I'm doing it right.

The update file I downloaded from the Shanling site is named "M1 1.10升级包(M1 1.10firmware).rar" and is 41.6 MB.

I copied the file to the root directory of my microSD card using my Mac. Then I tried to to run the update on the M1. It says the update file is not found.

Obviously, I've bolloxed something up...

Can a kind soul please point me in the right direction??

thanks!

Nov 14, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #1,380 of 3,480
I haven't been able to update my M1, which arrived today. Not sure if I'm doing it right.

The update file I downloaded from the Shanling site is named "M1 1.10升级包(M1 1.10firmware).rar" and is 41.6 MB.

I copied the file to the root directory of my microSD card using my Mac. Then I tried to to run the update on the M1. It says the update file is not found.

Obviously, I've bolloxed something up...

Can a kind soul please point me in the right direction??

thanks!

Extract it first, youll find the instalation guide inside the rar file

Users who are viewing this thread

Back