Shanling H1.1 DAC
May 3, 2012 at 10:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

RedBull

Headphoneus Supremus
Has anyone had impression on this?

From the website (minus some typo  errors):
"CS8416 is digital chip audio signal upscaling to 24Bit/192KHZ-release output, and then after Burr PCM1795 chip decoding and OPPPII.2134PA shipped"

Technical Specifications ◎ USB input ............................................. ............. x 1 (USB 2.0) 
◎ the iPod input ............................................... ........... x 1 (USB A)
◎ digital audio input .............................................. ... x 2 (coaxial, optical fiber)
◎ balanced audio output .............................................. .......... x 1 (XLR)
◎ audio output ............................................... ............. x 1 (RCA)
◎ headphone output ............................................... ........... x 1 (6.3mm)
◎ input signal sampling frequency ............. 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96KHz, 176.4KHz, 192KHz
◎ Power consumption ............................................... ...................... 9W
◎ Dimensions (W × D × H) ......................................... .... 230 × 374 × 88mm

Original manufacturer website: http://www.shanling.com/en/product-detail-132.html

Sounds pretty interesting.  It is priced around $590

May 3, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #2 of 18
I have just ordered one with improved fuse bundled. Mainly because I like the ipod input. I will be able to receive this by next Tuesday.  :)

May 4, 2012 at 12:14 PM Post #4 of 18
I have just ordered one with improved fuse bundled. Mainly because I like the ipod input. I will be able to receive this by next Tuesday.  :)

Impression please ...

Agree, it looks interesting even though the PCM1795 isn't a particularly inspired choice. More pics of the unit, including internals here : http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=13679649671
Agree, it looks interesting even though the PCM1795 isn't a particularly inspired choice. More pics of the unit, including internals here : http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=13679649671

I can't see the internals on the above link, or is it maybe because I'm accessing via android?

So, what do you think is the more 'inspired' choice? Sabre?

May 4, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #5 of 18
Nope, Sabre is fashonable these days, I'd prefer to see something retro - i.e. multibit. But an original implementation not just an appnote.

<edit> the internal shots require a lot of scrolling down - here's one:

May 4, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #6 of 18
^ Thanks for the pic.  I'm surprised there's no connection from front panel to the back, or is it the other way round?  I wonder how that's gonna work.

I for sure, like multibit sound a lot.  How about you?  what do you like about it and not on others?

It's a pity multibit is kinda extinct, don't you think?  only a few have them (a-gd, lite-dac ...)

May 4, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #7 of 18
^ Thanks for the pic.  I'm surprised there's no connection from front panel to the back, or is it the other way round?  I wonder how that's gonna work.

I suspect they moved or removed a few cables for the pics - here's a shot of the inside of the front panel (to the right of the first pic).

I for sure, like multibit sound a lot.  How about you?  what do you like about it and not on others?

What I like most about multibit is dynamics. Compared to S-D its as if the noise floor (subjectively) has dropped down. The result is more emotion, more involvement, more being surprised by what I'm hearing. People who've bought the Metrum Octave for example talk about 'jump factor' - that sums it up nicely.

It's a pity multibit is kinda extinct, don't you think?  only a few have them (a-gd, lite-dac ...)

My saying is 'lament it or leverage it' - so I'm plannng a multibit renaissance. The Metrum has proved for me that the DAC market's overdue for a shake-down. If you want more details then PM me as its a bit off-topic for this thread.

May 5, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #10 of 18
May 6, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Aren't we suppose to leave the DAC volume at max all the time, no?

I think the volume control is for the headphone amp.

May 8, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #13 of 18
Just received the unit today. Very Solid Casing and Heavier than NFB-2.

May 8, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #15 of 18
Initial impression is positive. However, still too soon to give full opinion since I only have it with only few hours burn-in.
I have an issue, which is all my iPhones dont work on it except iPad. Not sure if it is due to IOS version.

From iPad is surprisely good, but the coaxial still the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back