Shanghai Head-Fi "Micro-Meet" (TTVJ and Meier)
Oct 9, 2010 at 2:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

cooperpwc

Headphoneus Supremus
Had fun today at a Shanghai Head-Fi "Micro-Meet" with wsoelivan. (We had one no-show.) I got a chance to hear the TTVJ 'Slim" which I liked very much indeed. It is warm, lush in the mids and a bit less bright than the Stepdance which was fine. The Stepdance is a  bit more transparent and weightier. Frankly the Stepdance is the better amp for sound quality IMHO but at a real cost in size and weight. The size of the TTVJ is awesome (as is that multi-colour volume LED!). What's with the rear entry though? I don't want to sound like Straight Dave from the Bruno movie but it's a stupid design even with 'low profile' LODs. You don't want cables on both ends of a portable amp. It's a fad and I am glad that ALO and Meier are bucking the trend.

Post your pics from the meet! Okay this will be the only one.
wink.gif
  That's the Headsix, TTVJ Portable and Stepdance; a Super iMod, UM remolded Triple-Fi's and Westone ES5s; and a variety of LODs.

Oct 10, 2010 at 3:39 AM Post #3 of 6
I liked the combination very much. The TTVJ is a great amp. It should be very popular but there seems to be almost no effort to market it. Jay (wsoelivan) and I were reflecting on this. The pictures on the TTVJ site are minimal and unattractive. It's as if they don't care.

Anyway, the TTVJ + ES5 is a very musical pairing. It's sweet and just a bit laid back but with plenty of pop in the bass. I am not sure that the TTVJ is the most strictly neutral of amps but it has a lovely sound signature.

Oct 10, 2010 at 7:35 AM Post #4 of 6
I didn't expect you to really create a thread in regards to our nano meet
beerchug.gif
. Too bad the other guy didn't show up.

Anyway, I hope this thread could help anyone who is wondering how these amps perform/compare to each other.

Oct 10, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
I didn't expect you to really create a thread in regards to our nano meet
beerchug.gif
. Too bad the other guy didn't show up.

Anyway, I hope this thread could help anyone who is wondering how these amps perform/compare to each other.

Haha, sorry about that. I planned on coming but I've been incredibly busy these past weeks, so it wasn't possible. Maybe cooper and I can meet up in the near future though! Nano meet round 2?
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway, looks like you had a good collection of gear there. Hope to see you later!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back