sgs5 rmma results gsm arena
Apr 11, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #4 of 9
I just ordered this on Verizon in the USA. It'll be interesting as my current phone is a Droid Razr M, which never had very good sound quality.

Apr 15, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #6 of 9
Is there a particularly noticeable difference I sound between the two... I love my gs4 but sounds freaking awful. It can't reach half the volume & clarity of the HTC One (m7), or ios devices...im sure the gs5 is a step up but is it a large step?

Apr 15, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #7 of 9
Is there a particularly noticeable difference I sound between the two... I love my gs4 but sounds freaking awful. It can't reach half the volume & clarity of the HTC One (m7), or ios devices...im sure the gs5 is a step up but is it a large step?

What Hifi? considers the sound of the S5 to be "average."

http://www.whathifi.com/review/samsung-galaxy-s5

Apr 16, 2014 at 3:36 AM Post #8 of 9
I'm looking forward to demoing the S5 at some point...

Clipping issues aside, the Note 3 is definitely inferior (tonally, rather than technically) to the One M8, so - will be interesting to hear if the S5 is more like the M8 (let's call this 2014 'stock') or the Note 3 (which i'll call 2013 'stock')...

Damn, phones are more expensive than headphones to me...  Have had in the past 12 months, HTC One M7, Xperia Z, Galaxy S4, Xperia Z1, Galaxy Note 3 , iPhone 5S, and now the HTC One M8...

Apr 17, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #9 of 9
And just like that, after one day I decided to return it, due to a defect. The sound was pretty weak and flat, anyway. And TouchWiz seems to be really half-baked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back