Setting up email for domain.com
Jan 31, 2006 at 1:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

acs236

Headphoneus Supremus
Can anyone tell me or refer to a website that explains how to setup email addresses for a domain that you've registered?

I'm not interested in running an email server, but are there companies/services that allow you do this for reasonable rates?

Jan 31, 2006 at 1:33 PM Post #2 of 5
you need a host for your domain... the host will provide email , along with webpage services... if you use godaddy, they have a free email service

Jan 31, 2006 at 1:52 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by ls20
you need a host for your domain... the host will provide email , along with webpage services... if you use godaddy, they have a free email service

So the typical web-hosting service, such as Godaddy, will allow you to set up email addresses for the domain you've registered? In other words, no additional software or service is needed to receive email at:

-acs236@mydomain.com-

Jan 31, 2006 at 7:03 PM Post #4 of 5
right

in godaddy, go to your account, manage domain, select the appropriate domain, and on the bottom right, edit your Nameservers.. here, you either enter the name server of your hosting service OR select Default hosting service (godaddy's)

now when people send email to xxx@yourdomain.com, it'll get routed through the nameserver... so the email goes to the appropriate host's server (where your email acct is held... godaddy's server, in this instance)

after you've changed nameserver..itll take about 1.5 days for the settings to propagate.. use the menu bar on godaddy and go to the emails settings. there, they should be able to set-up email config

Jan 31, 2006 at 10:37 PM Post #5 of 5
The godaddy service is the way to go. I have been using their service for years. I have most of my family setup there with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back