Seriously considering getting the LA7000's...
Apr 24, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #31 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by KingStyles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread might be of interest.
AudiogoN Forums: CD and SACD player under $500

Cool, Thanks
smile.gif

Apr 24, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #33 of 50
Ok, I do have to wait until monday to see if I can buy all of this stuff (have to wait to make sure something on ebay sells) , but this is what I hope to get, to sum it all up:

Denon DVD 3910
1. Amazon.com: Denon DVD 3910 - DVD player: Electronics

GS-1 HEADPHONE AMP/PRE-AMP
2. HeadAmp - Audio Electronics (GS-1 Headphone Amp/Pre-Amp)

LA7000 Headphones
3. LA7000

DiMarzio RCA Interconnects
4. DiMarzio RCA Interconnects (1.5ft) | HeadRoom Audio

Did I leave out any important wires or components to make this possible?

Apr 25, 2010 at 12:19 AM Post #34 of 50
Well that's overkill
biggrin.gif

Honestly you will likely not to be much appreciated the sound reproduced by your upcoming rig. It's your money tho
biggrin.gif

Apr 25, 2010 at 12:25 AM Post #35 of 50
Dont forget about the power cords.

Apr 25, 2010 at 12:44 AM Post #36 of 50
Hehe... Thank you all for helping me out
wink.gif

I'll be sure to keep the Headfi community up to date with how things come along. And possibly in the future show off some pictures and maybe a review to go with them
icon10.gif

Apr 25, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #37 of 50
I own a Denon 758. It plays CD, DVD-Audio (in stereo or 5.1), and SACD (also in stereo or 5.1). The DAC inside is quite good, but it also can work as a transport since it has optical and HDMI outputs on it.

I picked up a refurb for less than $100 and it is quite good. It makes _a little_ spinning noise, which I doubt you will notice when listening to closed headphones like the D7000.

As for interconnects, I'd suggest purchasing ordinary ones from a place like monoprice. The only time I've noticed a difference in cables is on MM phono cartridges, since they are VERY VERY sensitive to cable capacitance. For line-level signals over short distances - I don't think it matters. If you want to upgrade the cables later you certainly can, but I don't see a reason to _start_ with $80 cables unless you want them for visual beauty sake.

For only $1.79 each when QTY 50+ purchased - PREMIUM 2 RCA Plug/2 RCA Plug M/M 22AWG Cable - 1.5ft | 2-RCA Audio Cables

Apr 25, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #38 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by morphon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I own a Denon 758. It plays CD, DVD-Audio (in stereo or 5.1), and SACD (also in stereo or 5.1). The DAC inside is quite good, but it also can work as a transport since it has optical and HDMI outputs on it.

I picked up a refurb for less than $100 and it is quite good. It makes _a little_ spinning noise, which I doubt you will notice when listening to closed headphones like the D7000.

As for interconnects, I'd suggest purchasing ordinary ones from a place like monoprice. The only time I've noticed a difference in cables is on MM phono cartridges, since they are VERY VERY sensitive to cable capacitance. For line-level signals over short distances - I don't think it matters. If you want to upgrade the cables later you certainly can, but I don't see a reason to _start_ with $80 cables unless you want them for visual beauty sake.

For only $1.79 each when QTY 50+ purchased - PREMIUM 2 RCA Plug/2 RCA Plug M/M 22AWG Cable - 1.5ft | 2-RCA Audio Cables

Hey, thanks for letting me know about those cheaper cables, i'll keep them in mind when I'm ready to purchase.
beerchug.gif

"it also can work as a transport since it has optical and HDMI outputs on it."
Sorry still a bit new to the audio terminology, could you expand on the idea of "transport."

Apr 25, 2010 at 1:29 AM Post #39 of 50
Yeah I totally agree with you SillyHoney! I know it might be tempting to invest so much money into a rig and think it will be the last / ultimate rig of your life but it really won't. You also won't be able to appreciate the sound difference enough to possibly justify having spent $3000 on your setup. From my experience the Denon D1001 has nothing to do with the higher end D7000 headphones and so you really have no clue what sound you are getting into and if you will even like it at the end. Just because it is top of the line doesn't mean that it is the best for you! I personally preferred a pair of HD650 over LA2000 which are very Close to the LA7000 and cost a whole lot less. If I were you, I would invest in a few pairs of high end headphones and see which sound signature you like the most before spending a ridiculous amount of money on LA7000s, which are almost 3 times more expensive than stock D7000s.

At thte end of the day it is your money but a lot of people out here wight more experience than you have warned you ahead of time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SillyHoney;
Well that's overkill
biggrin.gif

Honestly you will likely not to be much appreciated the sound reproduced by your upcoming rig. It's your money tho
biggrin.gif

Apr 25, 2010 at 1:41 AM Post #40 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by dontOVERREACT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, thanks for letting me know about those cheaper cables, i'll keep them in mind when I'm ready to purchase.
beerchug.gif

"it also can work as a transport since it has optical and HDMI outputs on it."
Sorry still a bit new to the audio terminology, could you expand on the idea of "transport."

Transport = Deliver the digital bits to the DAC.

If you use the Denon's digital outputs you are bypassing its internal DAC (which, for the money, is good stuff) to send the digital signal to a better, external DAC.

Just keep in mind that it will not send out SACD digitally, but that is fairly typical for this price range. You will have to use the analog outputs (the internal DAC) for SACDs. CD Audio and DVD-Audio will go through the digital outs if you ever decide to get an external DAC.

Apr 25, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #41 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by monsieurguzel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah I totally agree with you SillyHoney! I know it might be tempting to invest so much money into a rig and think it will be the last / ultimate rig of your life but it really won't. You also won't be able to appreciate the sound difference enough to possibly justify having spent $3000 on your setup. From my experience the Denon D1001 has nothing to do with the higher end D7000 headphones and so you really have no clue what sound you are getting into and if you will even like it at the end. Just because it is top of the line doesn't mean that it is the best for you! I personally preferred a pair of HD650 over LA2000 which are very Close to the LA7000 and cost a whole lot less. If I were you, I would invest in a few pairs of high end headphones and see which sound signature you like the most before spending a ridiculous amount of money on LA7000s, which are almost 3 times more expensive than stock D7000s.

At thte end of the day it is your money but a lot of people out here wight more experience than you have warned you ahead of time.

I appreciate your concern, but I am dead set on this setup at the moment and it would take one hell of an argument to dissuade me from getting it.
Trust me, I have no illusions that this will be my "last / ultimate rig of your life." I know very well that there will most likely be more (unless I get extremely luck and hit the ultimate sweat spot with the setup), but i've decided this is where my journey into high end audio will begin.

Apr 25, 2010 at 1:52 AM Post #42 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by morphon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Transport = Deliver the digital bits to the DAC.

If you use the Denon's digital outputs you are bypassing its internal DAC (which, for the money, is good stuff) to send the digital signal to a better, external DAC.

Just keep in mind that it will not send out SACD digitally, but that is fairly typical for this price range. You will have to use the analog outputs (the internal DAC) for SACDs. CD Audio and DVD-Audio will go through the digital outs if you ever decide to get an external DAC.

Good to know! Thank you for explaining that to me
smile.gif

Apr 25, 2010 at 2:28 AM Post #43 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by dontOVERREACT;
I appreciate your concern, but I am dead set on this setup at the moment and it would take one hell of an argument to dissuade me from getting it.
Trust me, I have no illusions that this will be my "last / ultimate rig of your life." I know very well that there will most likely be more (unless I get extremely luck and hit the ultimate sweat spot with the setup), but i've decided this is where my journey into high end audio will begin.

Just sayin' that you don't have a clue what this setup will sound like so why spend so much off the batt when you could test the waters with something like the D5000 or even D7000

Jun 15, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #45 of 50
I think it's a good rig. But if you want to test the waters while at the same time having fun splurging, you could just get the D7000 instead of the LA7000 for now, and mod them in the future if you like the sound. There's no loss but a 1-2 week wait time, if that.

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back