Sent 2 Shure SE530's in for repair
Apr 27, 2009 at 6:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

pamon

New Head-Fier
I own 2 pairs of the SE530's and both units have the same issues with wiring fraying and needed to be sent in for repairs. Both had the black wiring peel off revealing the internal wires and started to shred along the cord. One pair was bought 4/08 and the other was a replacement unit around 1/08. Shure mentioned they'll replace one and repair the other.

Love these units but hopefully they've fixed the wiring issues on them.

Apr 27, 2009 at 7:43 AM Post #4 of 9
I know Null Audio has some replacement cables for SE530. I believe EFN here on the forums can do some awesome work for you as well.

Apr 27, 2009 at 8:30 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by gadgetman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@bonem: where? how much? what connector is placed on it?

Well I'm putting my SE530 drivers in custom shells, with the UE-11 socket and cable as I said in a previous thread. It's in China and you'll be able to order online using Paypal. I'll post their english website on Head-Fi once it's ready.

Apr 27, 2009 at 2:04 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by pamon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I own 2 pairs of the SE530's and both units have the same issues with wiring fraying and needed to be sent in for repairs. Both had the black wiring peel off revealing the internal wires and started to shred along the cord. One pair was bought 4/08 and the other was a replacement unit around 1/08. Shure mentioned they'll replace one and repair the other.

Love these units but hopefully they've fixed the wiring issues on them.

Did your wires become stiff and crack?

Can't say for sure, but it sounds like both of your SE530s had the older cable formula. It would be easier to determine if you could tell us the manufacture date, which is printed on the IEM plug end. Since you've already sent them in, we won't know that which is a shame.

If you did have the cable cracking issue, Shure did change the cable formula around the start of 2008, so newer ones should not have that issue anymore.

Apr 28, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #8 of 9
@koven... i originally owned a pair of the se530's and moved, thought i lost them and had to repurchase them. unboxing a ton of stuff and found them and then had 2 pairs. both landed up busting and needing repairs. If they land up replacing both of them, I might just sell the 2nd pair since I don't need 2. We'll see how the results land up.

Apr 28, 2009 at 11:35 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry for my ignorance but why would anyone need more than 1 se530?

Because they keep breaking down
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back