Sensorcom tips
Dec 6, 2010 at 3:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

davidcotton

X-CANs and HDAMs
Hi

Well got my replacement replacement (long story short, first pair nozzle snapped off, second pair right side driver went)of westone 2's back.  Sound great as usual except for one thing, and that is I still cannot get a decent seal on my right ear.  It's not westone as it happens with every pair that I've tried from cx300's up.  Left ear fits like a glove right ear not so much.  Tried varying tip sizes, cutting stalk lengths  and still not much luck.  Even comply doesn't work.  Found the sensorcom tips and wondered if they might be worth a shot.  Thing is cost can mount up quick with the various options there, so just wondered if anyone here had experience with them.   Oh and I'd love to keep the fantastic (when it works) isolation of the w2's with the double flange if possible, ta.   This is the main reason I haven't stepped up from the w2's don't see much point until I can get the seal thing working.  Oh and customs really isn't an option at this point in time.

These are the ones that I'm thinking of trying  :-

http://www.sensorcom.com/product.asp?PT_ID=268&P_ID=1140

Cheers.

Dec 6, 2010 at 3:32 PM Post #2 of 8
I didn't get along with sensorcom doubles on the w2's really, or their single flanges, they were rather too big for my ears, the singles fit much better on the sm3. I can send you a pair if you'd like or the single flanges from sensorcom as I don't like either with my westone's. I presume you've tried shure tips? I use those with my w2's. Maybe rather than customs just custom tips??

Dec 6, 2010 at 4:06 PM Post #3 of 8
Hi

Yeah tried shure olives, (thats what caused the first pair of westone 2's to bite the dust, tried getting the olive off carefully and whoops!) so loath to try them again.  Are the sensorcom tips that much different to the flanges included with the westones?   These are my work headphones so thats why I don't want to go for customs.   It's so damn frustrating as the right ear feels as though the tip is shoved in there without making a seal.  Get that right and I'd be a happy man.

Cheers.

Dec 6, 2010 at 4:24 PM Post #4 of 8
The fit for the sensorcom tips is the same as the included triple flange tips with the top flange cut off and I've tried both.

Dec 6, 2010 at 5:41 PM Post #6 of 8

I don't agree with this

I have the sensorcom double from bennyboy on the SM3 thread, and they sensorcom due to having the wider tube are flimsy and not as sturdy as the shure triples that come with the W2s.  As a consequence when I tried the sensorcoms they would fold as I was inserting them in my ear (and would turn inside out on removal - which isn't that unusal), whereas the triples never have.

Quote:
The fit for the sensorcom tips is the same as the included triple flange tips with the top flange cut off and I've tried both.

Dec 6, 2010 at 5:48 PM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
Hi

Well got my replacement replacement (long story short, first pair nozzle snapped off, second pair right side driver went)of westone 2's back.  Sound great as usual except for one thing, and that is I still cannot get a decent seal on my right ear.  It's not westone as it happens with every pair that I've tried from cx300's up.  Left ear fits like a glove right ear not so much.  Tried varying tip sizes, cutting stalk lengths  and still not much luck.  Even comply doesn't work.  Found the sensorcom tips and wondered if they might be worth a shot.  Thing is cost can mount up quick with the various options there, so just wondered if anyone here had experience with them.   Oh and I'd love to keep the fantastic (when it works) isolation of the w2's with the double flange if possible, ta.   This is the main reason I haven't stepped up from the w2's don't see much point until I can get the seal thing working.  Oh and customs really isn't an option at this point in time.

These are the ones that I'm thinking of trying  :-

http://www.sensorcom.com/product.asp?PT_ID=268&P_ID=1140

Cheers.

I totally understand this as I have the exactly the same problem

I tried custom sleeves on the W2 but lost one - if feel of the nozzle in a field of long grass!

I can only use etys or the shure triple flanges, or klipsch x10 style of iems.  Luckily I picked up some UM3X and with a shure med flex sleeve I get a good seal and are very comfy.  Its strange as on the x10 or HF5 they don't give as good a fit, despite being lower in the ear! 

Dec 6, 2010 at 5:52 PM Post #8 of 8
Both types of tips (I modded the triple flange tips to double flange) would turn inside out for me when I removed them. This is due to the seal and adhesiveness that the tips provided. The sensorcom tips had a wider opening but the tube diameter is similar. Both types of tips fit the same for me. It's what I have experienced.

Quote:
I don't agree with this

I have the sensorcom double from bennyboy on the SM3 thread, and they sensorcom due to having the wider tube are flimsy and not as sturdy as the shure triples that come with the W2s.  As a consequence when I tried the sensorcoms they would fold as I was inserting them in my ear (and would turn inside out on removal - which isn't that unusal), whereas the triples never have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back