Sensaphonics
Jul 14, 2002 at 6:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

martioz

100+ Head-Fier
Just wonder,
Anyone tried any of Sensaphonics products against other canal phones, against Etys?
I checked web but is not much info; also company itself is not talkative.
Monitors for profi, custom modeling, also generic sizes?
Long, long list of clients, BIG names.
If is as good as company claims,
Hm…
confused.gif

Jul 14, 2002 at 2:11 PM Post #4 of 7
john_jcb
HI: I remember a post about something like this a while back and some members said that they were not that good. I know for 269 that the er4p are great and easy to drive. I just took mine out to much and iratated my ears and had some ear wax problem maby because I put them in to far. But the er4p were the best portable sound I ever heard but are quite exspensive. But none the less I am thinking about getting them again.

Jul 14, 2002 at 3:58 PM Post #5 of 7
Well, I got my musician's earplugs from Sensapohonics. They cost me $400 in the end, including all three filter varieties (9, 15, 25db) and a hearing test (up to 18K!)

Worth every cent! I use them all the time.

Sensaphonics is a class operation. The Doc there really knows his stuff and he has a tremendous amount of experience.

I asked him about the Prophonic IV while I was there and he told me that they are indeed the same transducers as the ER-4. Also, in his opinion they are not going to sound any better than the ER-4. They are primarily designed for in-ear monitoring systems for stage performers. They are more inconspicuous than the ER-4 and they block more outside sound due to the custom earmolds.

So you're paying for the stealth factor and the outside sound blockage. Not an issue for just listening to music!

And they're $700 because they are bought by big-name musicians. To be fair, there is probably a lot of service and support involved with these things. I think they earn their money on them.

Jul 15, 2002 at 12:28 AM Post #6 of 7
OMG,

$700!!

So how much per kilo?
Would be worth to try them, but in my location support for this product is NIL, maybe somedays during my trip to US....
Any comment about microphonic effect?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back