Sensaphonics introduces field-replaceable cables to 2XS, 2MAX
Jul 20, 2009 at 9:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

joeshambro

100+ Head-Fier
Jul 21, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #2 of 45
yes, my sensaphonics have the new cable and it is amazing. when i handled the universal version of the old cable, while the sound was amazing (talk about neutral), the cable was iffy, but then the friction fit always have me worried.

the sleek coaxial cables have a stronger fit than the friction fit - harder to break, better connection - but their cable material is the sort that hardens with sweat and body oils much faster. too bad, as otherwise, they use a great cable fixture.

Jul 21, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #3 of 45
So shigzeo, how are you liking the 2X-S? They're wonderful phones. Neutral, balanced, and very natural in their representation. I still wish there was a tad more bass presence, but I've been accused of being a closet basshead FWIW.

Mine are being replaced right now by Sensaphonics. Maybe I still have time to request the new cable design, should they have to replace both ears to get them balanced. In my experiences with them thus far, they generally have to replace both ears in the event of a driver issue with one. I got upgraded to the "new" cable design in this manner.

Jul 22, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #4 of 45
Got a call that my Sensaphonics were back at the audiologist's office. Guess I missed my chance to request new cables. They had to replace both drivers to get them to balance, so maybe they went ahead and used the new design. We'll see, I suppose... Why do things always get finished while you're away on vacation?

Jul 22, 2009 at 3:48 PM Post #5 of 45
i haven't received mine yet. I have only tried the universal version at soundcat korea. they had one for me to listen to to get the idea. there i saw the old customs with the old cable and saw the new cable, but not attached to the phone.

the universal sounded very good, but the custom i know will be much better as my customs all sound amazing.

Aug 1, 2009 at 4:39 PM Post #8 of 45
I just got mine back earlier this week.

Fit and finish this time round are flawless. I didn't get the removable cable as I'd hoped, but who can blame them for not upgrading my product when I didn't pay for them to do it.

Sound is what I remember prior to the driver failure some time ago. Crisp, detailed, and balanced. Lush mids that have a natural feel, nicely textured bass with articulation, and highs that are never sibilant unless you feed them some nasty, low quality material.

Great phones that are under-rated on the board here. Their price is a bit high, but they perform well, and their comfort, IMHO, cannot be touched by acrylic or soft vinyl tipped in-ears, especially as a vocalist and musician.

Aug 3, 2009 at 1:58 PM Post #9 of 45
my only experience with them has been a custom made universal (they haven't arrived yet), but even with the universal demo, i found them to be one of the most enjoyable sounding earphones i have used.

as for construction: their silicon is amazing and the new cables (which I did get to demo) are great. I just hope to hear soon from them that they have arrived

Aug 3, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #10 of 45
I wouldn't recommend Sensaphonic IEM as it broke down twice in 3 years period. It wasn't even a cable problem, but the headpiece unit's being not responsive.

Aug 26, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #12 of 45
I enjoy my 2x-s' very much. They are comfortable and have great isolation. Even though I have ordered a pair of jh-13's, I will continue to use the 2x-2's on the plane and subway because of the isolation. In fact my audiologist says they isolate more than the 26db listed on the site.

Aug 27, 2009 at 3:23 AM Post #13 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by wsilvio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I enjoy my 2x-s' very much. They are comfortable and have great isolation. Even though I have ordered a pair of jh-13's, I will continue to use the 2x-2's on the plane and subway because of the isolation. In fact my audiologist says they isolate more than the 26db listed on the site.

I was told the same. It was hinted to me that they're closer to the 40 dB range.

Aug 27, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #14 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by zb0430 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was told the same. It was hinted to me that they're closer to the 40 dB range.

I believe it is 37db of attenuation.

Aug 27, 2009 at 3:35 AM Post #15 of 45
they are the most attenuating of any custom i have tried. yes, i have them back, but they are not the new cable system - i thought they were as the universals i used were upgraded cables. still, the cable (though thin after the y-split), is one of the best. so much stronger than a multitude of other customs and universal customs i have used.

here are some pictures next to my other custom which isn't in the shoppe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back