Senny IE8 much better than IE7?
May 29, 2009 at 9:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

suba3333

100+ Head-Fier
I know IE8 have detachable cable and 3-level adjustable bass (both of which I do not nessarily need). I also read that IE7 is more neutral sounding and IE8 has more bass (even on the lowest setting). I thought I was getting the IE7 but if I can find a 2nd hand IE8 I could afford those too.

I currently use Denon C700 and like bass, but sometimes it's too overpowering on the Denon. The Denons also stick out of my ears quite a bit which I don't like.

May 29, 2009 at 10:21 AM Post #2 of 5
If i were you i would go to 2nd hand IE8.

May 29, 2009 at 11:06 AM Post #3 of 5
well.....

the IE8 has more bass than the denons a touch more treble maybe but its certainly crisper treble. the denon has good clarity but the 8 gives it a thorough spanking. they both have that V shaped sound signature so arent wildly dissimilar, if anything is day the biggest difference is that the denon is ice cold and the sennheiser is rather warm.

the IE7 bass is more similar in quantity to the denon but its much warmer bass than the cold punchyness of the denons. the highs are not as forward, detailed but in thier place and doesnt give you that fatuiguing sense or make you feel the need to be turning them down on certain songs. the denons and IE8 both make me fiddle with the volume far more often. the biggest difference you will find though is in addition to the warmth the mids are so much more forward on the 7 than on the denons. gloriously lush mids, not unlike shure or klipsch.

as i said about the 7 and 8 before the 7 will let you gently listen to the music or ignore it and let you relax if you want. the 8 will grab you by the scruff of the neck, slap you across the face and order you give the music your full attention or your knee caps may have a accident.

the 7's are pleasant and a pleasure to hear. the 8 is an awesome display of spectacularness

May 29, 2009 at 12:10 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by lutwey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
daaaammmmmnnnnn you got a nice collection of iem whats the best in your opinion

me?

well i like the 530 best but that doesnt mean its best for everyone. i love mids above all which they do superbly, others like more bass, others more treble, some like a V shape (ie lots of bass and lots of treble)

also different things for different moods, if i wanna relax IE7, ex500 for before bed. if i want to bounce around the place probably the IE8. if i want to wake up in the morning the custom 1 or C751.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back