Sennheiser Zero's on Xbox One. Simplest Setup?
Sep 27, 2014 at 7:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

damstr

New Head-Fier
I would like to be able to use these headphones with the Xbox One AND have surround setup. I had a PITA setup before which I'll explain later. Just trying to get some input on the easiest and simplest way to get what I'm aiming for. 

Before I had (still have but now use with my PC) DT 990's 250 Ohm, ModMic 2.3, Fiio E7 amp, 2013 (and 2010) Astro Mix Amp. Now this was an  utter mess on my desk with wires going everywhere. I hate the daisy chain look and having to turn multiple things on just to get audio. 

Now the Sennheiser Zero's are 150 Ohm. I've seen a couple reviews saying people used them on the Xbox One by plugging them into the chat adapter but not one review mentions anything about low sound. Something I'm sure would be an issue seeing the impedance of these headphones. 

Also if I wanted to use a DSS (I dislike Astro Mixamps. Had lots of hiss from the 2013 model but the 2010 model was a lot better) would I plug the dss into the XB1 via USB and Optical. Then plug the Audio side of the headphone into the DSS and the mic side into the chat adapter? 

Any input on this would be awesome. I'm mainly concerned on whether the XB1 controller can drive these headphones. 

Sep 27, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #2 of 5
The Astro mix-amp would seem the best option, Xbox One > Mix-Amp > Zeros, but your not happy with the mix-amp (2013).

So use the DDS plugged into the xBox One, the connect the DDS's headphone output to the E09K's line-input (RCAs?) and the DT990 or Zeros into the E09K's headphone jack.

Sep 28, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #3 of 5
  The Astro mix-amp would seem the best option, Xbox One > Mix-Amp > Zeros, but your not happy with the mix-amp (2013).

So use the DDS plugged into the xBox One, the connect the DDS's headphone output to the E09K's line-input (RCAs?) and the DT990 or Zeros into the E09K's headphone jack.

Yeah I just had a bad experience with the Mixamps all together. From the hissing noise to the mic port on the Mixamp crackling anytime the cable moved that was plugged into it. 

Sep 29, 2014 at 1:12 AM Post #4 of 5
Why not get the DSS2? 

Just need to follow the steps on the third post

Users who are viewing this thread

Back