Sennheiser x Massdrop PC37X Review & Discussion
Jan 20, 2017 at 11:38 PM Post #61 of 169

I asked Mike from Masdrop over email and he said that we can keep them. Which is handy since I plan to actually use it for gaming, positional cues are better than COP.

Well thanks, I was wondering too.

Does this mean Sir Evshruglot can lend me his unit so I can audition and write a review? 

biggrin.gif

Jan 21, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #62 of 169
God bless whoever came up with this 3m long cable. I can finally play videogames while sitting on the bed.

Jan 22, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #63 of 169
Does this mean Sir Evshruglot can lend me his unit so I can audition and write a review? 

:D  

Massdrop sent me this because I'm pretty active. I write a few reviews a year, have a few guides, post daily in a few threads... you are pretty active in the MLE thread and TH-X00 thread (pretty customized TH-X000!), and your AKG K7XX review was pretty good. Why don't you write a review on the TH-X00 and other gear you have, and maybe companies will reach out to you too? You know that TH-X00 pretty well now, I'd really like to read your take, and a summary of the effects of your mods, in a full review!

Jan 22, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #64 of 169
Massdrop sent me this because I'm pretty active. I write a few reviews a year, have a few guides, post daily in a few threads... you are pretty active in the MLE thread and TH-X00 thread (pretty customized TH-X000!), and your AKG K7XX review was pretty good. Why don't you write a review on the TH-X00 and other gear you have, and maybe companies will reach out to you too? You know that TH-X00 pretty well now, I'd really like to read your take, and a summary of the effects of your mods, in a full review!

Haha. I wasn't being serious. Forgive me for my stale humor.

That K7XX review was a spur of the moment. I was REALLY bored one day lol. I'm at the final stretch of my BA, now (2 semesters left), so I have no time to be as active as I used to. If I write more reviews, it won't be until the end of this semester. All four of my classes require enough writing, as is.

As for the PC37X, I am interested in just how much bass these have to offer. Not enough to drop $120 and wait 2 months, though. Opted for a Philips L2 for less, instead. Should be here in a few days.

Jan 22, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #65 of 169
Haha. I wasn't being serious. Forgive me for my stale humor.

That K7XX review was a spur of the moment. I was REALLY bored one day lol. I'm at the final stretch of my BA, now (2 semesters left), so I have no time to be as active as I used to. If I write more reviews, it won't be until the end of this semester. All four of my classes require enough writing, as is.

As for the PC37X, I am interested in just how much bass these have to offer. Not enough to drop $120 and wait 2 months, though. Opted for a Philips L2 for less, instead. Should be here in a few days.

Not serious? Oh. Nothing to forgive!
I did like your K7XX review, maybe you'll find time for more reviews some day. Congrats on only two semesters left!

More bass than the K612! Similar clarity actually. Soundstage size goes to the K712, and there is a little shallow depth for the PC37X's front soundstage size, but imaging is similarly excellent on both.

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:04 PM Post #66 of 169
Those who've had a pair of K550's for gaming - thought's on the PC37x comparatively?
Not had the K550 long but... I HAVE kind of always coveted the high end senn headsets as a tidy gaming option. The K550's are great but... I dunno, I kinda really fancy these.

Feb 25, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #67 of 169
Awesome! These are shipping next week! Production complete, 3+ weeks early!

Mar 3, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #68 of 169
336 have been shipped today, the rest by Monday. I cannot wait, these and Monoprice Monolith M1060s next week!

Mar 3, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #69 of 169
How long till they arrive? I'm really curious about other people's opinion on this headset. So far we only have four reviews (Evshrug's, mine and two written by cs:go streamers I think).

Mar 3, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #70 of 169
I'm hoping they arrive by end of next week (I'm in California). I'll likely sell the PC 350 SE I picked up from newegg the last time they were on sale for 80 bucks, they were severely lacking on the low-end but I ended up performing a lot better in-game (CSGO) vs. any other headset I've used. Pretty excited about the PC 37X!

Mar 3, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #71 of 169
I live like 52 miles from the Massdrop wearhouse. Hopefully a week from today. If they keep their promise of all shipped by Monday

Mar 4, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #74 of 169
Mine are coming Wednesday. I bet they're here Tuesday, as it's usually a day early from initial estimates. Cannot wait!

Mar 7, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #75 of 169
Well, as I thought, they'd get here today! Package is smaller than I expected, headphones just the right size. Reminds me of my old PC363s I gave to my father a few years ago. I'll post some impressions a little later!

Edit: Quick impressions. It is very apparent that these have much more bass than the PC363s I used to own. Listening to music, these actually sound pretty darn good straight out of the box, and out of my phone (V20). Easy to drive and comfortable. Impressed for how much these cost and the included microphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back