Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Dec 15, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #1,846 of 4,141

Nice. Just a warning though, the shipping is a little slow.  I've been trying to forget they shipped, mine left NJ yesterday and are expected in CA on the 21st. 

...come on already...

Mine left NJ yesterday as well and I have a receipt date of the 20th. For these to go 40 miles within NJ...

I find it humorous something can travel several thousand miles in the same time frame the same object can only go a few dozen miles.

Dec 15, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #1,847 of 4,141
Mine will arrive tomorrow (Friday) in Indy, and it's already in Indianapolis.  I'm surprised others haven't gotten theirs by then given I'm probably almost a thousand miles from NJ.

Dec 15, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #1,849 of 4,141

Nice. Just a warning though, the shipping is a little slow.  I've been trying to forget they shipped, mine left NJ yesterday and are expected in CA on the 21st. 

...come on already...

I'm in North Dakota, and a lot of our shipping places are still backed up from the recent snow storms. I even had an item get to the city just across the river from me yesterday at around 4 in the morning, and it is now just being delivered today. It was supposed to be Amazon prime 2 day, so it was a higher priority shipment. Hopefully things are cleared up by the time these come through.

Dec 15, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #1,850 of 4,141
This was my first purchase with massdrop and they very clearly prioritize cost over everything else because this is the weirdest and slowest shipping I have seen. I was in the first 500 (though probably closer to 100) and I got my tracking information late on Monday. Nothing was updated until yesterday, and my delivery date has changed from the 17th to the 19th, essentially meaning a week to go from NJ to northern VA, when even ground shipping or normal post office shipments that distance usually only take about 2 days. My guess is it didnt actually ship until yesterday. Not a complaint, just an observation, still scheduled to arrive on time/before massdrops original estimate.

Dec 15, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #1,852 of 4,141
Seems like there's a mix of delivery options.  Mine arrived at my local post office via FedEx SmartPost today (Expected delivery tomorrow).
Looks like DHL for some other folks.  It seems it really arrived at FedEx on Monday but didn't leave until Tuesday.

Dec 15, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #1,853 of 4,141
  Seems like there's a mix of delivery options.  Mine arrived at my local post office via FedEx SmartPost today (Expected delivery tomorrow).
Looks like DHL for some other folks.  It seems it really arrived at FedEx on Monday but didn't leave until Tuesday.

My tracking was for FedEx, as well. Maybe they actually calculated best shipping per state/region of the country instead of doing a one size fits all shipping.

Dec 15, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #1,854 of 4,141

Here's mine.

So I got my tracking email at about the same time as the line item that says "Shipment Information Sent to FedEx".

Looks like it took them another 24 hours after that to get the package into the hands of Fedex.

Looks like my package is in Northborough Massachusetts (about 45 min by car from where I live) as of 4pm today, which means - since this is Fedex Smartpost, tomorrow it will probably be delivered to my local post office for them to deliver it the next day.

Now, the next day is Saturday.  Not sure if the post office delivers smartpost packages on Saturday's, but if they do, it may come before the estimated Monday date...

Dec 15, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #1,856 of 4,141
Y'all complaining about your packages moving slowly...

My tracking only claims a label has been made, damnit.

Dec 15, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #1,857 of 4,141
I'm seriously confused how mine in Indiana will be arriving tomorrow vs. others who live closer.   Has no one really received theirs yet?

BTW, it's hard to imagine more than 10% of HD 6XX buyers not being Head-Fi users…

Dec 15, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #1,858 of 4,141
DHL=Damn Horrible Logistics

Not doubting yours or others DHL experience , but my only experience with them was great. I bought a set of Klipsch Cornwalls and a set of Klipsch Forte II, the are very big bulky speakers, that are a nightmare to ship and deliver ! They were delivered by a DHL van and wheeled all the way to just the inside of my door in perfect condition. Never have received that good of delivery from the Brown Truck or the Fed- people. I guess it just goes to show that there are no absolutes with deliveries or with anything else in life.

Dec 15, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #1,860 of 4,141
I'm seriously confused how mine in Indiana will be arriving tomorrow vs. others who live closer.   Has no one really received theirs yet?

BTW, it's hard to imagine more than 10% of HD 6XX buyers not being Head-Fi users…
I think I read yesterday someone had gotten them in already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back