Sennheiser RS 180 headphone is it possible to use it with RS 160 transmitter?
Oct 30, 2010 at 12:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

klvru

New Head-Fier
Hey guys I want to get the RS 180 so badly but the portability issue is drawing me back! I'm wondering if you could use the RS 180 headphone with the RS 160 transmitter, since this transmitter is small and is not necessary to plug into power point so I could bring around and listen.

They both uses KLEER technology right? So would it work?

Oct 30, 2010 at 1:39 PM Post #2 of 9
Yes i think i read that somewhere that all kleer devices is compatible. So maybe if you can get the mx-w1 transmitter it would be better for portability. But you better shot a pm to one of the senn-reps. on this board because i havnt tried it myself.
By the way, the RS180 is open and let a lot noise in and out so it may not be the best choise taking it outside in noisy places, the RS170 may be better suited for this because its closed. Or you may be better off just buying the Rs160 i think that one is closed too.

Oct 31, 2010 at 1:25 AM Post #3 of 9
thank you for the reply. Hope someone own both and able to comment about it. I will be using the RS 180 at home and when I go to other places where it's quiet enough to use it but don't want to bring the whole transmitter there so if the RS 160 transmitter works with the 180 then I will get the RS 160 as well so I'll be able to use the headphone if is noisy. Besides that, how does the RS 160 sounds? 

Oct 31, 2010 at 8:08 AM Post #4 of 9
I had the same idea before I bought my rs180. But I don't think about it now,because as you aware of it, hdr180 is an open headphone. Secondly once I bought it, and see how beautiful it is :p, I don't really want toss around this expensive big headphone. But still I think it will work, in manual it says you can bind mxw1 to the tx180, why not a hdr180 to the tx160? I don't see why sennheiser would limit their kleer technology. Your best bet is call a major sennheiser dealer and ask them to test. Also you can buy the tx160 alone as a spare from that major dealer. Please right back, if it works. Maybe I will do it too, when my hdr180 gets old.

Nov 1, 2010 at 12:55 PM Post #5 of 9
I heard that you can, I'll be trying it when it arrives
smily_headphones1.gif
Or alternatively you could get the Opera S5T+ for iphone or apple products or you could get Opera S2 which works with anything
smily_headphones1.gif

May 29, 2012 at 5:12 AM Post #9 of 9
Hi. Did you get around to using your RS 180 headphones with RS 160 transmitter? If you did, does it work? Do the RS 180 headphones give the same quality of sound when connected to RS 160 transmitter as it gives when connected to RS 180 transmitters?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back