Sennheiser RS 160 Orange Recharge Light Won't Go Off.
Jun 5, 2010 at 12:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

blairhh

New Head-Fier
Hey everybody.

Just received a pair of Sennheiser RS 160's a few days ago. Everything has worked fine except one thing and it is bothering me. The instruction book says that the rechargeable batteries should initially be charged for at least 16 hours. In order to charge the batteries you must insert them into your headset and then connect to the AC adapter using a special included adapter. It also states that once the rechargeable batteries are fully charged the light on the headphones will shut off. During charging it is a solid orange color.

I've now had my RS 160's charging for over 36 hours and the light remains a solid orange. At one point I unplugged the headphones from, waited a few minutes, connected them again, and the light still remains orange. Any cause for concern? Shouldn't it have shut off by now? Your feedback is appreciated. I'm thinking about contacting Sennheiser on Monday to see what they say. Thanks.

UPDATE: After roughly 36 continuous hours of charging the orange light finally went off. Crazy. Anyways I hope this problem is now resolved so when it is time to charge in the future it won't need to go for such a long period of time before the orange light shuts off once again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back