sennheiser PX200
Nov 26, 2002 at 7:31 PM Post #16 of 22
Lou -

I contacted Todd at Headroom and he told me they will have them for sale in a week or two. Based on what Sennheiser told you, that might be optimistic on the time frame. But they definitely will sell them.

Nov 26, 2002 at 7:36 PM Post #17 of 22
dinosauract
Then thats a great Idea get both of then and send back the one you don't like. But please do a post on both of them so other members will know what they both sound like. I used to buy only open cans but after experiencing the closed cans there is no going back.

Nov 26, 2002 at 7:56 PM Post #18 of 22
ltucci1924 -

Funny, I'm the other way. I used to prefer closed cans, but once I tried open ones, I like them a lot better. I've never heard any really high end closed phones, but it seems like the top end generally sounds better to me with open phones. I also think that with inexpensive phones, its a lot easier to get things right with an open design than a closed one. I will try to compare the 100 and 200 though.

Nov 26, 2002 at 8:12 PM Post #20 of 22
My 2¢ on the open vs closed. I think it depends on your listening environment and if you will disturb others in addition to the sound differences. I find it difficult to really listen with open cans if there is other ambient noise. People talking, traffic, phones, etc. However, if it is quiet I like the sound of open headphones. In a noisy area I prefer the Etys over all else. I know some people do not like them in their ears but the isolation is second to none coupled with great sound. That is one thing about this hobby you can try a great number of headphones and not go into debt.

Nov 26, 2002 at 9:37 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by dinosauract
In general, I have a pretty strong preference for open phones. The 200's are described on Sennheiser's web page as having a slight boost in the bass, which I really don't like the sound of. And the 200's with that little pleather ring on the earcups don't look too comfortable to me.

I too have a preference for open phones. However, I use these on the train and there is no way I'd go for open cans. I'm a little wary of leakage from my MX500s and the HD600s are ludicrous in leakage terms - they annoy the hell out of anyone in the same room as me.

So I had to buy the 200s, but having heard them I was so impressed that I didn't want to hear the 100s. The bass response is fine by me - a little less, er, 'over-warm' than the HD600s with just the right amount of extra mid and top end over the 600s.

And I fine them completely comfortable (except in bed!).

Nov 27, 2002 at 1:55 AM Post #22 of 22
Will the upgrades ever end?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back