Sennheiser plug found?
Jun 12, 2008 at 8:16 PM Post #211 of 218
You have the picture of Jaben's connectors saved anywhere?

Nov 15, 2010 at 8:50 PM Post #214 of 218
Do they sell female Sennheiser plugs so that I can plug my sennheiser cables into my Grados?

Kind of a odd request, but I only want to make one cable, and detach them between the two.

Do I have any other options?

Nov 16, 2010 at 1:50 PM Post #215 of 218

Quote:
Do they sell female Sennheiser plugs so that I can plug my sennheiser cables into my Grados?

Kind of a odd request, but I only want to make one cable, and detach them between the two.

Do I have any other options?

Many people who have put Grado cables on Senn phones agree that stock Grado cables are built better than Senn cables (HD580/600/650). 

On that note, the only reliable way to get the female bits of the sennheiser connector is to hack up a headphone. The proliferation of headphones with one busted driver on the FS boards are a great source. I resorted to this to build the koss-heisser KSC580

Much better would be to build little dongles for the Senn headphones. yes its an extra few connectors, but then you could decide on a better connector - like Lemo connectors.

As a curious point: 
Lets agree that Senn's and Grados sound night and day different.
If a given cable makes your senn sound better, would it make a headphone that started life totally different sound better?

My guess its it would be like putting car tires on a motorcycle.

Nov 16, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #216 of 218
nikongod, I would agree, but...

1. I'm not a believer in cables, and I am not buying 2 cables out of curiosity. I want to DIY 99.999% silver cable and only have to fashion 1 cable to try on all my headphones.

2. If I, for example, do not like silver on my grado's, but like silver on my hd650s,  then I can just switch the cables around. 

3. Since silver seems like a better option for HD650s, I could resell it, hopefully, without losing any money since it has the connectors on it

With that said, I actually don't own grado's at the moment, and I certainly don't have money to spend on cables. My post was simply out of curiosity. I'll be on the lookout for broken HD series phones.

Feb 5, 2012 at 3:39 PM Post #217 of 218

Quote:
while browsing thru sgheadphones forums, i found this page, and it is showing some good looking senn connectors. i dont know what kinda material was used but the soldering job will be several times easier, compared to the cardas connectors. too bad i dont understand chinese, and cant find the contact info on that website.

Wow, I really like those connectors, anyone know where I could find any?

Furthermore...

Does anyone have any idea where I could metal connectors? I've seen somewhere but I don't remember where, nor did it occur to me to find/ask where they came from...

J

P.S: Old thread... revived AGAIN 
biggrin.gif

Feb 5, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #218 of 218
Necromancy is the devil. 
evil_smiley.gif

Anyway, check these out!

Teh translation of that Taiwanese page.  Those plugs might be from cndiyshop.com, but that site no longer exists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back