Sennheiser PC-363D's for music listening?
Sep 16, 2014 at 12:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

eagle63

New Head-Fier
Gaming headsets often get criticized for over-emphasized bass, general build quality, etc, etc.  And much of this criticism is probably deserved.  However, I recently had the chance to demo a pair of PC-363D's for a few weeks and I thought they sounded great for music listening.  (even though my primary goal was a good gaming headset)  

Can anyone give some opinions on how the PC363D's compare to other non-gaming headphones in the same price range?  Can I really have my cake and eat it too?  (get gaming-focused headphones that are also great for general music listening)  Thanks,

Sep 30, 2014 at 4:05 AM Post #2 of 3
I've got the Sennheiser and it is a great gaming headset, but a very pricey one. As a non-audiophile, I have used it to listen to music. The only other pair of headphones to which I can compare it, is the NAD VISO HP50, which also comes at a roughly comparable price, although without USB sound card. I would say the Sennheiser is decent for listening to music, but it really lacks some bass in comparison to the HP50.

The main qualities of the PC363D (which is the same as the PC360, only with the USB sound card) for me are its comfortable fit, the volume control on the earpad and the convenient and rather good microphone. If you have a larger focus on enjoying music than having a good gaming headset, you might prefer dedicated headphones in combination with a separate mic...

Oct 1, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #3 of 3
For music, it sounds better than other "Gaming" headsets, but nothing special about it. They have a good soundstage but weak bass like already mentioned. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back