sennheiser omx 980 vs yuin g2a
May 24, 2012 at 7:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

el-bo

Head-Fier
would like some opinions from anyone who has experience with both

i currently own the g2a's, and use them while i work...however, i find even with the koss clips they become uncomfortable after 90 minutes or so...i do also have headbands, but they aren't practical to use while working

i'm wondering about the extended comfort of the omx 980's and if they have a similar sound signature to the yuins - i like really balanced, not booming, bloated bass

the omx's are a little expensive, so if there are others with good sound, incredible comfort and NON-isolating then i'd also be interested

any help would be greatly appreciated

many thanks

May 24, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #2 of 5
I highly recommend the Creative Aurvana Air for sound and comfort. A link to my review of them is in my signature.
The one thing about the Airs is that their price seems to fluctuate from time to time. They are currently available at Amazon (from Creative Labs themselves) for $99, but I've seen them as low as $69, so if you're patient it may be best to wait a few weeks or so. (This is assuming you are in the US).

Haven't tried the Yuins or any of the higher-end Sennheiser buds so I can't comment on them.

May 24, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #3 of 5
thanks for the reply

look cool and could be the ticket

not in the u.s and i can't really rely on post to where i'm currently living so i have to take my chances buying over the counter in spain

really confused as to what to do...i doubt i'll be able to compare them, that is even if i can find them in stores :frowning2:

Jun 3, 2012 at 12:48 AM Post #4 of 5
I just got a pair of 980's and they are very comfortable. Light as feathers. I really can't tell they are on my head. I am not an expert by any means, but I think they are great. 

Jun 3, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
I just got a pair of 980's and they are very comfortable. Light as feathers. I really can't tell they are on my head. I am not an expert by any means, but I think they are great. 

thanks for the reply...i scared myself off somewhat by buying a pair of omx 680's....i wore them for 10 minutes and now i can't return them...i'm scared to buy inti something so expensive without beng able to try them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back