Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread
Mar 3, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #346 of 931
My ears are average as well I guess. Are there different size pads available like with the V-MODA M-100s?

Any other recommendations for Sennheiser closed back headphones? Portability would be nice, but not a deal breaker.

Mar 3, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #347 of 931
No alternative earpads are available, as far as I know.

They do sound very good for a portable headphone, though, and the build is very nice indeed. They feel premium. I really want to keep them ...

Mar 3, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #348 of 931
My ears are average as well I guess. Are there different size pads available like with the V-MODA M-100s?

Any other recommendations for Sennheiser closed back headphones? Portability would be nice, but not a deal breaker.

For portable headphones (ie 18ohm impedence), I dont think anything comes close to the Amperiors...though they aren't comfortable...

Mar 4, 2014 at 4:01 AM Post #349 of 931
  For portable headphones (ie 18ohm impedence), I dont think anything comes close to the Amperiors...though they aren't comfortable...

I tried the Amperior myself last year, and while i liked the agressive, detailed sound & punchy bass, there was no soundstage at all (far less than my Grados) and the clamp pressure was way too much for me to wear them for more than about 20 mins.

Mar 4, 2014 at 6:42 AM Post #350 of 931
The fit can be an issue for some people, so I recommend to try them before you buy them. I don't try to tug my ears inside the cans completely, I just put upper part of my ears inside and leave the lower part out, so that the Momentums rest on top them. Sorry for the confusing explanation, hope you can get the idea. 
biggrin.gif

When you're listening to music, the isolation is fine. I have used the Momentums on a plane and didn't hear any ambient noices.

Mar 4, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #351 of 931
Do you guys think that $220 for a refurb pair from an ebay vendor is a good option or no. I was in at $220 but ebay vendor and them being refurbs hurt resale if you ask me. And since no local best buy of min has them in stock I can't try the fit and so I might end up having to resell them on here. So between fit and sound sig I'm not sure I won't end up reselling on here.

You think price and refurb matters a lot? Over the ear versions not on ear but I guess that's obvious.

Mar 4, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #352 of 931
  Do you guys think that $220 for a refurb pair from an ebay vendor is a good option or no. I was in at $220 but ebay vendor and them being refurbs hurt resale if you ask me. And since no local best buy of min has them in stock I can't try the fit and so I might end up having to resell them on here. So between fit and sound sig I'm not sure I won't end up reselling on here.

You think price and refurb matters a lot? Over the ear versions not on ear but I guess that's obvious.

you'll probably be alright buying a refurbished pair, unless the drivers are damaged or the headphones structural integrity is somehow messed up it'll be the same as a new pair (minus the burn in). 

A pair for $220 would be a steal for the over ears models.

Mar 6, 2014 at 5:02 AM Post #354 of 931
Is it worth upgrade HD 25-II to momentum?
And how is comf comapred to HD25? (I mean comf of full size momentum)?
I'm very satisfied with my HD25, but in last few months I find them very uncomfortable and really want to replace them..

Mar 6, 2014 at 5:31 AM Post #355 of 931
  Is it worth upgrade HD 25-II to momentum?
And how is comf comapred to HD25? (I mean comf of full size momentum)?
I'm very satisfied with my HD25, but in last few months I find them very uncomfortable and really want to replace them..

They are very comfortable, assuming your ears can fit in the pads. Clamp pressure is much lighter than the HD25-II. The headband is steel and i think it can be bent to adjust the clamp too.

Sound is quite different - more relaxed and 'thicker' sounding. They have a much better soundstage.

Mar 6, 2014 at 5:35 AM Post #356 of 931
Thnx for detailed info. How about amping them?
I use hybrid tube amp for HD25-II, and they sound really nice on it.
Do momentum requires amp, if not, is there and difference amping them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back