Sennheiser Momentum Balanced Mod
Jun 8, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #77 of 78
  Hey FraGGler,

Quick question about your mod. Did you end up swapping out the cable that connects the second cup? If not, are you not ending up with a slightly different sound signature in both ears? Or am I somewhat confused about how the two ears are wired?

I am very interested in getting this mod done, so any insights would be greatly appreciated :)

cheers

I did not swap out the cable since it would have required careful surgery on the headband.  An alternative was dual entry, but I was trying to go for as simple and as clean as possible.  I could not hear any differences in sound between the two cups.  Despite using very nice wire for all of my recables (I recable just about everything), I can't say with certainty that any differences I might have heard weren't my imagination.  

Jun 8, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #78 of 78
  I did not swap out the cable since it would have required careful surgery on the headband.  An alternative was dual entry, but I was trying to go for as simple and as clean as possible.  I could not hear any differences in sound between the two cups.  Despite using very nice wire for all of my recables (I recable just about everything), I can't say with certainty that any differences I might have heard weren't my imagination.  

Cheers FraGGler, thanks for getting back to me.

I've got someone looking at mine for me to do a full mod of all the cabling. I'll let you know how it goes and post some pics once done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back