Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Jul 23, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #3,091 of 3,671
In fact the S7 Edge does have Aptx, albeit the original 16-bit version. It does not however have the all new Aptx HD codec that is already available on the latest LG phone that came out simultaneously...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Jul 23, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #3,092 of 3,671
  I'm afraid that for me it is just the opposite. I NEVER have any sort of stuttering with my iPod touch 5th gen (which does not have AptX), while I sometimes DO get stuttering with my Samsung Note 4 (which does have AptX). I have not been able to prove that it is the codec, but I suspect it is not. When I do get stuttering, it seems like the phone is doing something else. It is almost like the multi-tasking in Android is causing this. I cannot prove or disprove this, but when there is nothing going on in the background on my phone, I have 0 issues. 

As for having AptX or not (and telling the difference), IMO, with these headphones, they are not detailed enough to be able to tell the difference (depending on the device that you are trying to use). They sound very good on the Note 4 and the iPod touch (almost) equally. It is like being able to tell the difference between 256K mp3 and 320K mp3. Now, if you compare between USB mode, and non AptX connection, you can tell, because it is such a large jump in quality. Dunno, YMMV, and maybe it is just my ears, but there is my 2 cents.

Jul 24, 2016 at 2:10 AM Post #3,093 of 3,671
With regards to the difference between the Momentum's behavior on both the S6 and S7, I have strong suspicions that it depends also on the behavior of the phones in their various sleep states. With the S6 I did have some at first, but they were mitigated by slightly adjusting the power saving settings (such as keeping wifi on during sleep). With the S7 these same settings do not provide the same result and occasional glitches keep reoccurring..

Sent from mTalk on Lumia 950 XL dual-sim

Jul 24, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #3,094 of 3,671
In fact the S7 Edge does have Aptx, albeit the original 16-bit version. It does not however have the all new Aptx HD codec that is already available on the latest LG phone that came out simultaneously...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

http://www.aptx.com/products?field_product_brand_tid=12&field_product_category_tid=All&field_aptx_type_tid=All

Maybe, but this is qualcomm's official list of products with aptx, the S7 is not there. I was considering the phone a while back so i contacted Samsung to ask about it. They told me the S7 did not support aptx :)

Maybe other things is causing it..

I have another problem now, they wont connect to windows 10. My other BT headphones connects without any problems. EDIT: After leaving them in pairing mode for like 15 minutes my pc found them, weird..

Jul 24, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #3,095 of 3,671
http://www.aptx.com/products?field_product_brand_tid=12&field_product_category_tid=All&field_aptx_type_tid=All

Maybe, but this is qualcomm's official list of products with aptx, the S7 is not there. I was considering the phone a while back so i contacted Samsung to ask about it. They told me the S7 did not support aptx :)

Maybe other things is causing it..

I have another problem now, they wont connect to windows 10. My other BT headphones connects without any problems. EDIT: After leaving them in pairing mode for like 15 minutes my pc found them, weird..

I DO feel for you here. Ever since windows 8, the BT stack has been sketchy at best. Sometimes, even after pairing, I have to delete the connection and reestablish it as a new connection to get it to even work properly (as stereo headphone, instead of a mono headset from the 80s). I just don't know what has happened to the Microsoft programmers. The BT stack used to be much more robust and accurate than it has been since Windows 8. And, Microsoft seems to have 0 interest in fixing it. This happens with all of my wireless headphones and BT speakers. Other BT devices (such as mice, keyboards, phone, and etc...) work just fine. 

I wonder if they recoded (from the ground up) the BT stack and just didn't do much testing with headphones with it, because as I said earlier, all other devices seem to work ok. 

Jul 27, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #3,096 of 3,671
Has  anyone any wisdom regarding Sennheiser Momentum Wireless's functionality with multi-device connections?

My scenario:

- in my house, I have paired my M2 with my Samsung Smart TV (2016 high-end model) and my phone (iPhone 6S)
- let's say I start watching TV late in the evening and I want to use my headphones
- what I do is first I turn  on the TV, then I turn on the headphones and click my TVs' OK button when my TV asks if I would like to use M2 headphones
- everything is working now perfectly. However, as soon as I get a Facebook Messenger message (or other notification with audio) on my phone, my headphones now play the phone's Messenger notification beep, and after that they don't return to TV audio
- TV connections is not disconnected, but no audio comes from TV
- only way to get things working again, is to turn the headphones and TV off and start again - such a hassle

I had briefly the Bose QC35 headphones, and they functioned similarly, but always returned automatically to TV sound even if sound came from my phone briefly.

I know, I could turn the Bluetooth off from my phone every time I would like to watch TV with my headphones, but that doesn't seem very elegant (and besides, I want my phone to be connected to my smartwatch)

Sorry for the bad English. 

Jul 27, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #3,097 of 3,671

I know, I could turn the Bluetooth off from my phone every time I would like to watch TV with my headphones, but that doesn't seem very elegant (and besides, I want my phone to be connected to my smartwatch)

Sorry for the bad English. 

So don't turn off your phone's bluetooth, just disconnect your headphones from the phone and keep them connected to the TV. I see no purpose in having them simultaneously connected to two devices....I wouldn't do that with wired headphones, or speakers, and bluetooth headphones are no different.

Jul 27, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #3,098 of 3,671
  So don't turn off your phone's bluetooth, just disconnect your headphones from the phone and keep them connected to the TV. I see no purpose in having them simultaneously connected to two devices....I wouldn't do that with wired headphones, or speakers, and bluetooth headphones are no different.

I'd rather pair each device once and never touch the settings or access the phone's / TV's settings again. That's how the Bose QC35 worked: I paired them to both devices and everything worked automatically: that is, sound came from TV when no music was playing from phone: if phone interrupted the TV (e.g. rang), it switched backed to TV after the interruption was over.

Besides, you cannot turn auto-connect off if you have a paired your phone to Bluetooth headphones: they connect automatically if Bluetooth is turned on on the both devices.

Jul 27, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #3,099 of 3,671
Has  anyone any wisdom regarding Sennheiser Momentum Wireless's functionality with multi-device connections?

My scenario:

- in my house, I have paired my M2 with my Samsung Smart TV (2016 high-end model) and my phone (iPhone 6S)
- let's say I start watching TV late in the evening and I want to use my headphones
- what I do is first I turn  on the TV, then I turn on the headphones and click my TVs' OK button when my TV asks if I would like to use M2 headphones
- everything is working now perfectly. However, as soon as I get a Facebook Messenger message (or other notification with audio) on my phone, my headphones now play the phone's Messenger notification beep, and after that they don't return to TV audio
- TV connections is not disconnected, but no audio comes from TV
- only way to get things working again, is to turn the headphones and TV off and start again - such a hassle

I've got mine connected to the pc and phone simultaneously, i need to pause and play to get audio back if i get a notification, no need to disconnect and reconnect here.

Jul 30, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #3,100 of 3,671
Has anyone encountered any problems with the internal cables of this Sennheiser (i.e., those cables that come out on top of the drivers, which you can see from outside)? They seem to look very fragile, and by folding them so frequently I am afraid they might loose connection, as is so typical of Sennheiser cables.

If this were to happen, by the way, do you guys have any idea on how to repair them?

Jul 30, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #3,101 of 3,671
  Has anyone encountered any problems with the internal cables of this Sennheiser (i.e., those cables that come out on top of the drivers, which you can see from outside)? They seem to look very fragile, and by folding them so frequently I am afraid they might loose connection, as is so typical of Sennheiser cables.

If this were to happen, by the way, do you guys have any idea on how to repair them?

Use mine daily and fold them multiple times a day for 8 months.......no issue

Jul 30, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #3,102 of 3,671

I think they'll hold just fine. My old Harman Kardon headphones had these too, they were thin and really fragile. But they were the only thing on the headphones that DIDN'T break.

Looks way better on these, have no doubt they'll stay in place on my Momentums :)

Aug 1, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #3,103 of 3,671
So, I searched but didn't find anything concrete.

Do noise cancelling works wired?
Can noise cancelling be activated or deactivated while wired or non-wired, both options?

and...

should wait for momentum 3? lol

Aug 1, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #3,104 of 3,671
  So, I searched but didn't find anything concrete.

Do noise cancelling works wired?
Can noise cancelling be activated or deactivated while wired or non-wired, both options?

and...

should wait for momentum 3? lol

Check out the PXC-550
Better NC with all the options you wanted, but SQ might be slightly below Momentum 2

Aug 1, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #3,105 of 3,671
I have one question: Why does the sound quality drops so much when i use teamspeak? Can i fix it somehow? Or should i buy external mic? When i connect it by cable, microphone is not working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back