Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Jun 4, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #1,937 of 3,671
@PaoloGilberto are you after wired or wireless? Also is there a particular size you are looking for? There are a couple of wireless ones (with wired option) I could recommend that are fairly neutral with very little bass boost though they are quite large, namely the AKG k845bt and the Definitive Technology Symphony 1. AKG is generally a good brand to look at when it comes to headphones that don't boost bass. From your tested headphones though it seems like you are after something small/portable and modern looking in which case there isn't any other than the ones you have tested.

Jun 5, 2015 at 4:50 AM Post #1,938 of 3,671
that is right...only that I haven't tried them all , just seen/read the reviews from innerfidelity and other serious sources + the threads here :)

Amazon is willing to give me a partial refund of 39 euros if I decide to keep them which is not that bad considering that the selling price was 245 euros
I might just keep them and if the comfort issue will continue ( as I expect :))) I will either sell them or my girlfriend is willing to gicve them a try if I decide to buy another headphone
I'm tempted by the H6 - black version is now 280 euros on amazon
only the headband circle seems a bit wider than on the M2 and looks pretty weird on a short hair head like mine :)))
can't understand why the desing of headphones in general is not following the head curves/shape

Tyll on innerfidelity does not recommend the H6 though "
  1. Bang & Olufsen H6 - Another can I wanted to like but just couldn't in the end. Measurements show a significantly uneven response with a withdrawn mid-range and peaks at 1kHz, 8kHz, and 19kHz. With similar headphones in the $300-$400 price range that sound very good (Sennheiser Momentum, NAD VISO HP50, Focal Spirit Professional) the B&O H6 just doesn't quite cut the mustard.
"

Quote:
  @PaoloGilberto are you after wired or wireless? Also is there a particular size you are looking for? There are a couple of wireless ones (with wired option) I could recommend that are fairly neutral with very little bass boost though they are quite large, namely the AKG k845bt and the Definitive Technology Symphony 1. AKG is generally a good brand to look at when it comes to headphones that don't boost bass. From your tested headphones though it seems like you are after something small/portable and modern looking in which case there isn't any other than the ones you have tested.

Jun 6, 2015 at 9:43 AM Post #1,939 of 3,671
My m2 wireless are now at Sennheiser. I currently have the m2 wired on loan and I must say they sound extremely flat in sound! Very poor....I have put them back in the box and I'll wait until I finally get my wireless ones back! Until then I'll enjoy my ws99bts :smiley:

Jun 6, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #1,940 of 3,671
My m2 wireless are now at Sennheiser. I currently have the m2 wired on loan and I must say they sound extremely flat in sound! Very poor....I have put them back in the box and I'll wait until I finally get my wireless ones back! Until then I'll enjoy my ws99bts :smiley:

Just curious, were you given the option to not send them back until the issue was fixed?

Jun 6, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #1,941 of 3,671
Flat?? you mean good but with a slightly emphasis on bass and rolled off treble :D

Quote:

Jun 6, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #1,942 of 3,671

:smiley: should really add without the use of my e12 the volume and audio output isn't very good on my m8s. AMPed then they work fine but that defects being super portable :blush:

To be honest they just said we are going to send you a wired m2 for the mean time, didn't really think to say no that's ok :smiley: thought to was a nice idea from then plus I get to test the wired pair! Hehe

Jun 6, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #1,943 of 3,671
  Well, I certainly hope they get them fixed up for all of you! In the mean time I just saw on Crutchfield's site that they are showing an expected "in stock" date as: 8/14/15. I realize that is probably not too accurate, but it sort of corresponds to the time frame that Senn is talking about. 

Jun 8, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #1,945 of 3,671
Just got an official letter thru the mail about the BT problems, and am being lent a pair of wired m2's until the problem is fixed. Haven't gotten the replacement pair just yet though!

I contacted Sennheiser and they still have to answer. Fortunately i am fine with these headphones as they are, will contact them again when they got a definitive solution

Jun 9, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #1,946 of 3,671
Just got an official letter thru the mail about the BT problems, and am being lent a pair of wired m2's until the problem is fixed. Haven't gotten the replacement pair just yet though!

Took a couple of weeks for my wired loan pair :smile: they'll be with you soon :grinning:

Jun 10, 2015 at 5:51 AM Post #1,947 of 3,671
So when is the SENN wireless likely to be sold again?.. I have a preorder from amazon uk and a ATH WS99BT on its way to me (thanks leddra2k 
wink_face.gif
) from japan...... I dont want to cancel the amazon uk order just yet i am curious to compare it to the ATHWS99BT.How long is the wait going to be for?

Jun 10, 2015 at 6:47 AM Post #1,948 of 3,671
  So when is the SENN wireless likely to be sold again?.. I have a preorder from amazon uk and a ATH WS99BT on its way to me (thanks leddra2k 
wink_face.gif
) from japan...... I dont want to cancel the amazon uk order just yet i am curious to compare it to the ATHWS99BT.How long is the wait going to be for?

No one knows. Depends on how long it takes Sennheiser to fix the problem. August is probably the earliest you can expect from what has been said so far.

Jun 14, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #1,950 of 3,671
I think I'm going to be sick of waiting as I have trips coming up.  I have a good deal on the PSB M4U 2 if I want them. They sounded fine, have an amp to lower battery consumption on my phone or pono (on order) and anc that seems ok based on reviews.  I don't have bluetooth on my Marantz AVR that I use in the bedroom and that's where I'd use the bluetooth the most.  anc is really important to me for flying as I have yet to hear about a closed back that will give enough isolation for flying passively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back