Sennheiser Momentum 1.0 On-Ears Review by mark2410
Apr 8, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #16 of 28
Nice review as always mark. The sennheiser momentum lines are surely beautiful and screams German build quality. However imo, I have not heard a better sounding headphone for sub $100 that is better than the CAL. 

Another statement you made interest me is that you stated the new momentum is like the ie8 to ie80, however I do find the ie80 is a better tuned version of the ie8, especially in the mid bass department. 

Apr 9, 2015 at 6:34 AM Post #17 of 28
  Nice review, Mark. Thanks to your review, I bought a pair of MOE v1 headphones. I have had it almost a week now. I'm quite impressed with the headphone and the included accessories. I appreciate and use the Apple device controls. One quality of the headphone that has not been mentioned, is how well the MOE sounds at low volume levels. I listen to music at about 40-50 SPL as background while I am working. The MOE sounds fantastic at that sound level. I have other on-ear headphones that I dearly love, but the MOE is hands down the best at that sound level. Sennheiser did a great job with the MOE. Even if someone has excellent on-ear headphones like the M-80 or Mikros 90, I think nearly all would enjoy the unique tuning of the MOE as a complement to the other headphones.

oh well i am pleased you like them then.  i'll confess its notsomethingi listened to at particularly low levels.  the more i tend to like something the louder it tends to get, lol.  naughty i know.

Apr 9, 2015 at 6:38 AM Post #18 of 28
  Nice review as always mark. The sennheiser momentum lines are surely beautiful and screams German build quality. However imo, I have not heard a better sounding headphone for sub $100 that is better than the CAL. 

Another statement you made interest me is that you stated the new momentum is like the ie8 to ie80, however I do find the ie80 is a better tuned version of the ie8, especially in the mid bass department. 

oh well ill confess i have not heard the IE80, just going by what ive read in regards to them, i dont believe that there is a significant if any difference between them and the 8.  of course not having used myself i could in error with that belief.  again however from what ive read of the 1.0 and 2.0 the difference seem to me to be that the 2 has a hinge so you can fold them.

even if there was more of a difference than just a hinge, with the price plunge they have experienced in the US, for just US$100 the 1.0 are a steal regardless.  for that cash they feel superbly constructed and sound superb too. 

thouct if anyone want to send or lend me a 2.0 id be happy to confirm speculation either way.

Apr 20, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #19 of 28
  oh well ill confess i have not heard the IE80, just going by what ive read in regards to them, i dont believe that there is a significant if any difference between them and the 8.  of course not having used myself i could in error with that belief.  again however from what ive read of the 1.0 and 2.0 the difference seem to me to be that the 2 has a hinge so you can fold them.

even if there was more of a difference than just a hinge, with the price plunge they have experienced in the US, for just US$100 the 1.0 are a steal regardless.  for that cash they feel superbly constructed and sound superb too. 

thouct if anyone want to send or lend me a 2.0 id be happy to confirm speculation either way.

There are refurbished sennheiser on ear 1.0 on from an authorized senneheiser dealer for $90 and over the ear for $140 when they go on sale. 

And yes, I do agree the momentum 1.0 to 2.0 are just hinge upgrade and bigger earcups for the over the ear version

I am more interested in the over the ear version than the on the ear though. Do you have any extended experience the over the ear version? Seems like sennheiser had made one of the best low impedance headphone.

Apr 21, 2015 at 6:05 AM Post #20 of 28
  There are refurbished sennheiser on ear 1.0 on from an authorized senneheiser dealer for $90 and over the ear for $140 when they go on sale. 

And yes, I do agree the momentum 1.0 to 2.0 are just hinge upgrade and bigger earcups for the over the ear version

I am more interested in the over the ear version than the on the ear though. Do you have any extended experience the over the ear version? Seems like sennheiser had made one of the best low impedance headphone.

in a word, no.

i did see an Over-Ear the other week going cheap but wallet kinda threw a hissy fit at me and said no.   so nope ive not heard the over but id be willing to bet its got the same flavour as the on and in ears have had. 

ill fire senn an email and see if theyd like to send me one but i think my chances are pretty slim.

Apr 22, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #21 of 28

update:  well it seems i may now be getting a play with a pair on Over-Ear Momentums, so woo hoo for that and naturally taht means give me a little while and a review of them shall be forthcoming.  though i can say given as i said the signature similarities between the In and On and how much i liked them both, i suspect i'll like the Over's too.

Apr 22, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #22 of 28
I look forward to your review of the over-ears. I'm enjoying my MOE. They took about 75 hours to burn in and matured into a fantastic all-arounder with a pleasant bass boost. I highly recommend them.

Apr 22, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #23 of 28

update:  well it seems i may now be getting a play with a pair on Over-Ear Momentums, so woo hoo for that and naturally taht means give me a little while and a review of them shall be forthcoming.  though i can say given as i said the signature similarities between the In and On and how much i liked them both, i suspect i'll like the Over's too.

I had a short experience with the over the ear version and it's 1 or 2 tier above the the on ear.  It just does everything right and it's extremely balanced with some of that sennheiser laid back signature to it. I felt the on-ear bass was a bit bloated and the high didn't extend very well to my liking. It just sound like a refined version of the hd228/hd229. 

The over the ear version/ the real momentum is the best portable headphone without needing amp money can buy imo. 

Can't wait for your review on the real momentum. I heard the 1.0 is actually better than the 2.0 in terms of balance. The 2.0 have a slight bass boost and more forward mid. 

Apr 23, 2015 at 4:01 AM Post #24 of 28
I've had a pair in black with red trim since January.  I'm primarily a C/IEM user when it comes to the headphone world but I quite like the Momentum.  The sound is excellent if a little bass heavy, sometimes it imparts more and a little looser low end than I'd prefer.  Also, if you're looking for isolation you won't find it here, but that can be an advantage depending upon your usage scenario.

I like that the Momentum is very light relative to it's on-ear competition.  For me this adds to the comfort factor (much better than most on-ears); of late I find myself using them often.

Apr 27, 2015 at 1:17 AM Post #25 of 28
Can you compare the Momentum in ear and the MOE (Well, as much as you can compare headphones and IEMs.) ? Which do you prefer, and are there any major differences in the sound signature?

Apr 28, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #26 of 28
Can you compare the Momentum in ear and the MOE (Well, as much as you can compare headphones and IEMs.) ? Which do you prefer, and are there any major differences in the sound signature?

its coming, not very quickly but its coming

Apr 29, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #27 of 28
Nice. Cant wait for the full review and comparison with the baby momentum. Will you also be comparing with other great over the ear portable headphones such as the CAL, M50x and whatever is in that category. Saving up for the momentum over the ear right now.  

Apr 30, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #28 of 28
I am channeling Wokei with my pictorial review of the MOE 1.0. The MOE 1.0, once burned in, is sonically equivalent to this:

o-CHRISTINA-HENDRICKS-BRA-570.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back