Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Nov 6, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #3,691 of 7,699
Quote:
It's no competition there.
The HD650 wins the IE80 flat out.

But that said, the IE80 is the top of the line IEM offering by sennheiser.
Both sounds sonically the same in terms of signature

Except that HD650 has tighter bass. And has more definition all around.

I'm running both my IE80 and HD650 on twags.

Second that. The only area that the IE80 rules is portability. I had a lot fun with it on a 2 weeks camping trip this summer, where the HD650 plus amp plus 12 volt battery pack was simply no option. If you cannot compare, the IE80 really grows and lets you enjoy the music wherever you are...... imagine listening to your favorite tunes while watching the sun sink into the Mediterranean Sea.... It was simply great.

Nov 7, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #3,694 of 7,699
Quote:
in amazon.de this cost 200€. Do you think at this price they may be fake?

note that you won't get the warranty for the purchase unless you send it back to Germany

Nov 8, 2012 at 5:50 AM Post #3,700 of 7,699
Less mid bass. Due to this the sound stage seems a little smaller, more intimate. Also treble and  mids are clearer due to this. Overall a nice upgrade IMO :).

Nov 8, 2012 at 7:03 AM Post #3,702 of 7,699
Quote:
have you guys tried the tape mod while bass knob is set for max bass as opposed to min? Am curious if it makes a difference to how the bass is delivered.  

Haven't tried it. Not sure if that would make any diff though since what the tape mod is doing is not allowing air into those vents. Still I can't go back to stock after getting use to the sound lol :).

Nov 8, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #3,703 of 7,699
Got my replacement today, this pair is all good. And I've figured out the perfect tip combo, medium double flange + medium single flange. It's way harder to get in there than the large + large (had to use a pen and poke) but the fit is absolutely perfect for me. Anyone else having trouble with fit should definitely give it a go. Just have patience getting it on, seems impossible at first but it's doable!

Am I the only one with bass set to max? Loving it, even at that level I don't get too much bleeding and it still feels fairly precise. I'm damaged from way too much clubbing tho.

Nov 8, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #3,704 of 7,699
Quote:

Am I the only one with bass set to max? Loving it, even at that level I don't get too much bleeding and it still feels fairly precise. I'm damaged from way too much clubbing tho.

NO wonder... haha lol..  I dnt think even 5% here listn to maxed out bass...

Nov 8, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #3,705 of 7,699
Got mine yesterday. Already used them for a couple of hours. Still not really sure about which tips to use. I've tried the hard bi-flanged, large and small tried the foam ones, tried some normal silicone tips, tried the ultimate ears bi-flanged ones that I still have lying around, for the moment I'm using the soft medium bi-flanged ones. They seem to give an acceptable seal and don't hurt my earcanal as much as the large hard bi-flanged ones.
First impressions, nice sound quality when you do get a proper fit. I had to search quite a bit to finally find a way to get something of a good seal, jamming them all the way in isn't an option given the way they're shaped. Isolation isn't all that and the cable holders (when you wear them over your ear) aren't a very good idea in my opinion.
But they do sound nice, hooked them up to my desktop and amp and was pleased with the sound.

I might look into getting another cable and some other tips.

Oh and I haven't even started trying out the bass settings either

Users who are viewing this thread

Back