Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Jul 5, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #5,356 of 7,998

Check his sig 
wink.gif

MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - one of the best $200 IEMs released this year IMO.

About its sound signature, which is its most similar one, like HD600, 650, 598, IE800, 80, Philips X2, KEF M200, Havi B3 etc.?
About its soundstage, what do you think among IEMs?
Thank you.

Jul 5, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #5,357 of 7,998
Sound signature-wise, the Pinnacle P1 does indeed show some similarities to the IE 800 (yeah, that was my first thought when I listened to the MEE for the first time).
To me, it sounds like a somewhat fuller, warmer version of the IE 800 with a forward but less sparkling/splashy upper treble and less sub-bass impact.

Jul 5, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #5,358 of 7,998
  Sound signature-wise, the Pinnacle P1 does indeed show some similarities to the IE 800 (yeah, that was my first thought when I listened to the MEE for the first time).
To me, it sounds like a somewhat fuller, warmer version of the IE 800 with a forward but less sparkling/splashy upper treble and less sub-bass impact.

​Oh, really! So it sounds P1 is more like IE80.

Jul 5, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #5,359 of 7,998

​Oh, really! So it sounds P1 is more like IE80.

Nah, (to me) the IE 80 is thicker, warmer and fuller sounding, has got noticeably less level in the lower as well as middle highs and is not really sparkling in the treble. In addition, the MEE is on a higher technical level than the IE 80 (but not as good as the IE 800, well, except for the soundstage that I find more authentic on the MEE).

Jul 5, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #5,360 of 7,998

Nah, (to me) the IE 80 is thicker, warmer and fuller sounding, has got noticeably less level in the lower as well as middle highs and is not really sparkling in the treble. In addition, the MEE is on a higher technical level than the IE 80 (but not as good as the IE 800, well, except for the soundstage that I find more authentic on the MEE).

Well, IE80 is a tricky phones. I think it's underestimated by many people. With proper amplified, it's still on high level​ compared to many new mid-tie products. That's why someone on 80's thread still like it even with possessing many high end IEMs/CIEMs.
Anyway, how about P1's soundstage compared to IE80?

Jul 5, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #5,361 of 7,998
Well, the IE 80 has got a nice soundstage and relatively authentic sound but feeding some faster and more complex music to it, its weaknesses get revealed and and the sound loses its refinement and the sounstage collapses to some extent.
While it is not bad, there is (imho) quite a number of IEMs in the $100 to 200 range that are on the same or a higher level.

Just my 2 Euro-Cents of course. 
wink.gif

Jul 5, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #5,362 of 7,998
  Well, the IE 80 has got a nice soundstage and relatively authentic sound but feeding some faster and more complex music to it, its weaknesses get revealed and and the sound loses its refinement and the sounstage collapses to some extent.
While it is not bad, there is (imho) quite a number of IEMs in the $100 to 200 range that are on the same or a higher level.

Just my 2 Euro-Cents of course. 
wink.gif

Really? Well, I basically only listen to symphony, not always very fast but used to be ​complex. For example, for the last couple minites of the last movement of Beethoven's symphony 9, I compared with IE800, HD600, and I don't think any inability of IE80. I agree it's not one for fast music - which BAs are better,  but I'm not question its ability for complex music. But my experience is restricted to symphony/classical.
Thank you for exchange opinion. :)

BTW: do you have or heard KEF M200? I like its sound signature very very much. Do you know any phones, especially full headphones have similar sound signature? Thank you!

Jul 5, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #5,363 of 7,998
@yangian

I find the IE 80 to work great for singer-songwriter stuff and small ensembles, but not really for any more serious listening for other types of music where it becomes somewhat too muddy and sluggish for my tastes. That's where I find the IE 800 to be much better and am very surprised about what they got out of the dynamic driver.
I actually quite like the IE 80 for acoustic, singer-songwriter and slower tracks, but not much for Classical, Rock, Electronical or Jazz.

Sorry, I haven't heard any KEF headphone so far.

beerchug.gif

Jul 5, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #5,364 of 7,998
  @yangian

I find the IE 80 to work great for singer-songwriter stuff and small ensembles, but not really for any more serious listening for other types of music where it becomes somewhat too muddy and sluggish for my tastes. That's where I find the IE 800 to be much better and am very surprised about what they got out of the dynamic driver.
I actually quite like the IE 80 for acoustic, singer-songwriter and slower tracks, but not much for Classical, Rock, Electronical or Jazz.

Sorry, I haven't heard any KEF headphone so far.

beerchug.gif

I can understand your feeling. Actually, IE80 is hard to drive well, tough it's easy to drive to a loud voice to hurt your ears. Finally, I set up a desktop system to drive it: Modi + A6:
https://world.taobao.com/item/44767737349.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.uOuNcl#detail
Now 80 shined up. Tamed low, neutralized a lot, even larger soundstage, and a huge step close to IE800. Well, it might make no sense to use it only before the desk as a headphone. Anyway, I think Senn. needs to release an classical IEMs like HD600 with a reasonable price.
Thank you
beerchug.gif

Jul 5, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #5,365 of 7,998

About its sound signature, which is its most similar one, like HD600, 650, 598, IE800, 80, Philips X2, KEF M200, Havi B3 etc.?
About its soundstage, what do you think among IEMs?
Thank you.

I think Chris described it pretty well.  It is closer to an HD650 signature than an HD600 or HD598.  Because of the acoustic cavity, it presents a fairly nice even and relatively spacious sound-stage (for an IEM).

Jul 5, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #5,367 of 7,998

Sorry, Chris, do you think soundstage of IE800 is not real or anything wrong? I think it has the best soundstage of all IEMs I;ve heard and its imaging is even better than HD600.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back