Sennheiser IE80 OR Shure SE535
Apr 14, 2012 at 6:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

Trojacked

Previously known as Immortalmuso
which one do you think is better and why..

IMMORTALMUSO                                                                                                                     

Apr 14, 2012 at 7:58 AM Post #5 of 44
I think initially your perception of the 535's if you buy them first will be that they lack any definitive bass, since the Shure house sound is more mid-centric than most other companies. Now, with my own, I feel as though the bass definitely has some quality to it. It's not overbearing so I can't really say much other than that

As for the IE80's, I don't really have a comment on, since I've never heard them.

That's my 2c.

Apr 14, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #6 of 44
You won't get thumping bass with SE535. Check out the IE80 appreciation thread for the lowdown on IE80.

Apr 14, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #7 of 44
the se535 bass is natural, its more of a ''how its meant to be heard bass'' for instance, some songs when i listen to my se535-ltd-j it seems like the bass is lacking, then i turn on another track and the bass is more defined, heavy and deeper extension.

this is becuase the iem's are replicating how the bass was meant to be heard in the track, imo with the se535 you hear mid bass if your supposed to, you hear low low bass if your supposed to.

the bass is tight very controlled and is more quality than quantity, the bass isnt over emphasized, or synthetic sounding. some people mistake the se535 for not having bass, it imo wasnt meant to have saturated overemphasized bass.

i listen to ALOT of house,dance,trance,dubstep andthe like, and find the bass to be more than suited for those genre's now its not head shaking bass, its not supposed to be.

the se535 have lush mids, forward mids,sparkle highs,slighlty forward vocals,amazing instrument separations,detailed sound, great clarity.

Apr 14, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #9 of 44
I've owned both, and I prefer the IE80s.  The Shures did sound great, but they weren't aggressive enough for my metal music while the IE80s provide that "crunch" and heaviness that I wanted. 

Apr 15, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #10 of 44
There's a lot of questions you can ask yourself when choosing between these two. 

1. Do you like bass? IE80
2. Do you like a very wide soundstage? IE80
3. Do you prefer clarity? SE535
4. Do you like mids? SE535 

Both are rather fun and musical, and plays music rather emotional like you're in a concert, but I would pick the SE535 since I'm kinda sensitive to bass, not saying that the IE80 has boated bass however, just deep quality bass, but not my type. 

Apr 15, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #14 of 44

Quote:
yea thats what im looking for theres nothing worse than listening to metal music and there not being enough crunch.

Quote:
thanks you were very helpful. what is soundstage i have never heard of that before???

IE80 will perform fairly well with metal, SE535 will lack that oomph is the bass for that. Soundstage of the IE80 will make you feel like you're in a concert, sitting at the back of the row. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back