Sennheiser IE8 Question...
Oct 27, 2009 at 4:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

porcupine

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

Excuse the noob question, I recently splurged on a pair of IE8's, and I've noticed that regardless of what I listen to, my music is always somewhat 'unbalanced' between the right and left earphones. There seems to be a heavier emphasis on the left so I always feel like the music is coming from my front/back left (~10 o'clock angle). Is this normal or intended? It can really bother me at times, has anyone else had this experience?

Thanks so much.

Cheers
Ted

Oct 27, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #2 of 6
have you checked your source balance? though I think it might just be a fit/seal issue. I had that the last few days and it was just finding the right set of pads that work with the earphones.

Also, it might depend on the sort of music you are listening to. the IE8s soundstage is quite fantastic which might lead you to thinking the noise comes from specific sides which is intended. It's part of the sound experience. I'm more inclined to believe that this is the issue or the seal problem not a ear wax one since you only just got it in.

Oct 27, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #3 of 6
Also you might consider the position of your phones. My ear canals are slightly different diameters which allows my IEMs to fit closer to my eardrum on the left side which affects the sound and volume.

Oct 27, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by porcupine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys,

Excuse the noob question, I recently splurged on a pair of IE8's, and I've noticed that regardless of what I listen to, my music is always somewhat 'unbalanced' between the right and left earphones. There seems to be a heavier emphasis on the left so I always feel like the music is coming from my front/back left (~10 o'clock angle). Is this normal or intended? It can really bother me at times, has anyone else had this experience?

Thanks so much.

Cheers
Ted

I have exactly the same sensation. Don't find it too annoying but odd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back