Sennheiser IE7 Appreciation Thread ~~~
Aug 14, 2010 at 9:19 PM Post #691 of 817
How do IEM compare to full size headphones? Is it possible to compare HD650 to IE8s?

I have a pair of HD650s - I like the sound but unfortunately they cause me pain behind my ears, I do not get this pain with my Sony IEM - It seems my only option is to go for a pair of high end IEMs.

Aug 21, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #692 of 817
okay i've had my IE7's for over 3 months damn these are durable i've had my iphone drop on multiple occasions and ripped it out of the jack, had a dumbell drop on it and while it was only a 10kg one I'm surprised it didnt shatter. ANYWAY my question is can anyone give me any alternatives to the IE7?

Having to put it over my ear is so much of a hassle compared to just putting it on straight away, Also i don't think the IE7's are good for like Screamo,heavy metal etc. Like trivium seems distorted though i havnt exactly burned them in i say they've had maybe 40 hours?

and "A Day to Remember" seems a little off.

or if anyone can recommend me to good over the ear headphones i can just use at home that is around $100 would be much appreciated thanks!

Aug 21, 2010 at 3:51 PM Post #693 of 817
@ matto . hi,have you tried the panasonic hje900 , very well built iem and sounds as good as the ie7 ,a bit more bass and treble oriented  with a fast snappy response and a detailed solid midrange..

Can be worn strait down or over ears.
happy_face1.gif

Aug 21, 2010 at 10:08 PM Post #694 of 817
Custom 3's are my go-to for fast metal and rock.  They make the music sound much more exciting and alive than the IE7.

However, these are also worn over-ear.

Aug 31, 2010 at 11:04 AM Post #697 of 817
I had a look at the FX500 but a lot of people have been saying it has really "sharp piercing treble" not a fan... Also the custom 3's are going at a ridiculous price atm $100, the IE7's are great for pendulum, ministry of sound, r&b etc etc but when it comes to like Trivium, Silverstein, RITS, PWD etc etc it's unbearable. I think i will go for the Custom 3's even though cable is **** and it's worn over.

Oct 22, 2010 at 9:44 AM Post #698 of 817
I own senns ie7 for a while now and I'm very happy with them.Now I'm wondering if there is kind of full sized version of ie7 in sennheiser lineup?
I was thinking of hd438 or hd598. Do you have experience with them, do they have ie7 sound signature?

Nov 16, 2010 at 12:40 AM Post #699 of 817
Well, after using the IE7 for over a year, selling them to to try out the IE8 and Westone 3 and using each those for a while, I have found myself purchasing another pair of IE7's.  I've had experience with other top-tier IEM's as well (TF10 & SE530).  While the IE7 doesn't compare to the Westone 3's which I decided to keep, and don't quite have the same capabilities as any of the top tier IEM's, I feel right at home while listening to them  
ksc75smile.gif
                      Coming back to the IE7 after so much exploration makes me realize how great they truly are.  

Also, I've never believed in burn-in so much as I do now.....haha  
tongue.gif
    Can't wait until these sound like my last pair did!

Nov 28, 2010 at 4:47 PM Post #700 of 817
I loved my ie7s even with out the burn in period. I bought them factory refurbished from Dakmart. I had only burned them in maybe 5 hours when I saw an ad for some ath ew9's and decided to trade my ie7's because I have been contemplating some from amazon for a while to match my esw9's. The guys feedback was good so I mailed them. Upon arrival he said they were fakes and sound terrible and boxy. Keep in mind that I have two sets of fake ie7s I compared when I first got the real ones, both with different sound signatures. The real ones were exponentially better sounding than the fakes. Has any one experienced this boxy sound before burn in?

Dec 29, 2010 at 10:22 AM Post #701 of 817

Quote:
I own senns ie7 for a while now and I'm very happy with them.Now I'm wondering if there is kind of full sized version of ie7 in sennheiser lineup?
I was thinking of hd438 or hd598. Do you have experience with them, do they have ie7 sound signature?

Anyone might help?
Maybe there are other good full-sized alternatives with the same relaxing sound of ie7 under $200

Dec 29, 2010 at 1:34 PM Post #702 of 817
What do you guys think? IE7, FX500 or HJE900 for 50's and 60's jazz, including stuff that hasn't been remastered. Maybe looking for something that does good w/ older symphonies as well. I currently have the IE7 sitting sealed and ready to open, but I payed for it more than the others are going for...
I

Dec 29, 2010 at 2:00 PM Post #703 of 817

Quote:
What do you guys think? IE7, FX500 or HJE900 for 50's and 60's jazz, including stuff that hasn't been remastered. Maybe looking for something that does good w/ older symphonies as well. I currently have the IE7 sitting sealed and ready to open, but I payed for it more than the others are going for...
I

Both ie7and hje900 are good for 50s /60s music but in my opinon the hje900 has much better bass and drum timber and the treble is more detailed and  extended on the hje900

Jan 29, 2011 at 12:19 AM Post #704 of 817
I just got my IE7s and I'm really liking everything about them. However, I'm getting a crinkling/metallic sound (driver flex) when I push them into my ears. I'm having them replaced, but I fear the new pair will have the same problem.

Is this a common problem? Has anyone else experienced this with the IE7s and what have they done about it?

Jan 29, 2011 at 12:44 AM Post #705 of 817

Can't say I've ever experience what you've described.
Quote:
I just got my IE7s and I'm really liking everything about them. However, I'm getting a crinkling/metallic sound (driver flex) when I push them into my ears. I'm having them replaced, but I fear the new pair will have the same problem.

Is this a common problem? Has anyone else experienced this with the IE7s and what have they done about it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back