Sennheiser IE7 Appreciation Thread ~~~
Mar 25, 2010 at 6:28 AM Post #631 of 817
I can't believe the number of posters reporting missing tips. These must be fakes. There's no way a company like Sennheiser would do this. When I received my IE7's they were packaged beautifully and everything was just so.

Mar 25, 2010 at 7:29 AM Post #632 of 817
I mean aside from the missing tips everything else was just fine. there's really nothing to suggest that these are fakes... the sound and build quality is great. if someone took the care to make fakes this good, they might as well be making the real thing...

Mar 25, 2010 at 8:04 AM Post #633 of 817
IE8 with IE7 bass would make the perfect dynamic universal IEM..the IE8 bass is just too much for most music..feels like air is pumping in your ear.

and the IE7 does have highs but doesnt present them in a sparkly manner.they appear dull.

overall i still prefer IE7

Mar 25, 2010 at 8:51 AM Post #634 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidcotton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Couple of quick questions about the 7. 1) Do you have to wear the cable around your ears and back of head, or can they be worn straight down like normal? 2)Do these leak a lot of sound? Don't want to be annoying people at work when I wear them (if I get them, think its down to these and the westone um1's). Listen mainly to rock stuff. Oh whats the build quality like as well?

If I get them will be using comply tips with them.

The build quality is very good, as far as wearing them down, I say wait until you see just how comfy they are worn over ears, one of the best designs, and the wire is very easy to forget it's even over your ears, not to mention, when worn over the ears, they stay in place very well, with good fit.
the ie7 is not an iem I would personally ever wear down.

Mar 25, 2010 at 7:11 PM Post #635 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by tun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't believe the number of posters reporting missing tips. These must be fakes. There's no way a company like Sennheiser would do this. When I received my IE7's they were packaged beautifully and everything was just so.

Well, I did send some pictures over to Sennheiser USA. The product manager verified that my pair is a legit one. However, it’s a pity that Sennheiser does not have any serial number to tag along the IEM.

Mar 25, 2010 at 10:49 PM Post #637 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by the search never ends /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The build quality is very good, as far as wearing them down, I say wait until you see just how comfy they are worn over ears, one of the best designs, and the wire is very easy to forget it's even over your ears, not to mention, when worn over the ears, they stay in place very well, with good fit.
the ie7 is not an iem I would personally ever wear down.

x2 i agree with search, about the build quality and as for wearing them wires down would mean having the pointy end sticking in your ear ,so not very comftable that way round.
popcorn.gif

Apr 30, 2010 at 3:18 PM Post #639 of 817
I sold IE7 off but like others, I wish I had them back. They are an excellent earphone, just lacking a little in the highs for my taste. As soon as I find a new pair for $100, I'm buying them and will never regret it. If I didn't already have UM3X, I'd buy them in a minute from ecost for $149. They are remarkable earphones, with an amazing build quality. The only earphone I miss more is the IE8.

Apr 30, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #640 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by imackler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sold IE7 off but like others, I wish I had them back. They are an excellent earphone, just lacking a little in the highs for my taste. As soon as I find a new pair for $100, I'm buying them and will never regret it. If I didn't already have UM3X, I'd buy them in a minute from ecost for $149. They are remarkable earphones, with an amazing build quality. The only earphone I miss more is the IE8.

Can you tell me how does IE7 sounds compare to FX500? of course, assuming you had experience with FX500.

Apr 30, 2010 at 10:30 PM Post #641 of 817
I'm anxiously awaiting my gently used IE7's. I was able to pick them up from a fellow Head-Fi'er and keep the cycle going. I'll report in next week after I receive them and give them a listen.

May 4, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #642 of 817
Well, so far I'm unimpressed with the IE7's. Going from the in-canal fit of my S4's to the in ear fit of the IE7's, I just can't get a proper seal. I've tried every tip included, including a pair of Shure olives and something is missing with all of them. If I get a decent seal with the larges, I get full bass, but the mids and highs blend together for a harsh sound. If I try smaller tips, I lose some of the bass, and the mids overpower the highs. I know the IE7's aren't sparkly, but even the high hat is buried. I ordered those double flange tips on Ebay that everyone recommends, and I hope they help. If not, these will be back up for sale. I think I may prefer earphones that are in-canal.

May 4, 2010 at 11:45 PM Post #643 of 817
Just placed my order from BH this morning. I'm so exited to know how different it would be from FX500. I don't know what to expect - will I be underwhelmed or will I be blown away. Boy,tomorrow can be really slow to arrive when you are looking forward to it.

May 5, 2010 at 12:23 PM Post #645 of 817
Oh man, how I wish for an ie9 from Sennheiser. The ie6/7/8 has been around ever since 2008 and are really facing some serious competitions from monster's dynamic driver like Turbines pros, etc.

like say, if there is, what do you guys hope to see in the ie9? better price to performance? multi driver? hmmm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back