Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled!
Oct 26, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #466 of 6,504
  what are you talking about. You have 2 versions of the HD800, an older and newer model and your saying that they sound different? 

Uh oh...
ph34r.gif

Oct 26, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #467 of 6,504
  Uh oh...
ph34r.gif

The ninjas are here. 

Dont worry im not gonna get into it. 

You still have the fischer 500 right? HD800s should sound sweet with that baby! Will you be pulling the trigger. If I remember correctly you have your HD800's just over a year right? 

Oct 26, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #469 of 6,504
  The ninjas are here. 

Dont worry im not gonna get into it. 

You still have the fischer 500 right? HD800s should sound sweet with that baby! Will you be pulling the trigger. If I remember correctly you have your HD800's just over a year right? 

No way I can resist the hd800s. I'll be there for launch day. 

Oct 26, 2015 at 9:27 AM Post #471 of 6,504
  In my humble opinion, he was referring to the subtle changes of HD800's with different s/n (ex: 10xxx, 20xxx, 30xxx).

I know yea. They stopped using fairy dust post 10xxx units

I think they ran out. 

Your first post! Intersting

Oct 26, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #472 of 6,504
What we know so far is that Jude auditioned a pre-production sample.  Given the fact that we're in late October, I don't see Sennheiser making the formal announcement prior to CES 2016 with pricing (that's in January 2016).  Why should they announce a price before/during Christmas shopping season of a headphone that might not be available on store shelves?

Just my $0.02 

Oct 26, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #473 of 6,504
I am 100% in if they don't raise the msrp, they need to be careful with the pricing on this one. If they price correctly they can potentially set a new pricing standard and attract many more people to buy then originally expected. Less margin per sale but more sales to be had. DONT BE GREEDY

Oct 26, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #474 of 6,504
I still need to see the measurements. I hope they're better than just modded hd800's. Ideally they don't have the peak or at least it's shifted up over 10kHz. Also, I really hope the paint doesn't chip this time.

Oct 26, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #475 of 6,504
i've heard a few estats but not the sr-009. agree that they excelled at resolution and transparency but we're lacking solidity and impact especially in the bass region to my ears. i know that folks really dig that ethereal presentation but i found it kinda sterile and unengaging tbh.

The stax are surely no hfman/audeze in the bass or 'fullness' areas. But the 007/009 had pretty much the perfect amount of bass & slam to my ears... more than the hd800 and more than the lower stax models in a side-by-side test. If only there was a way to make em portable/transportable.

In terms of sound signature right now I'll prolly go with he1k .. however, will never pay that price because of the subpar (for the price) bass and the business-as-usual hfman BQ.
In terms of P/Q: he6/he560, ether, dharma. Also Hd800, th900 akg812 and beyer t1 mk2 but most of those dont fit my highs sensitivity very well.

And in reality I'm still using my trusty old hd650 :). Very good sound, no obvious SQ or BQ issues and a muuuuch better P/Q than any of those so called TOTL cans.

Waiting for the dharma release nowadays .. depending on price & SQ changes the hd800s may become quite a contender too.
Well, at least it is not boring in HP land :D

Oct 26, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #476 of 6,504
  What we know so far is that Jude auditioned a pre-production sample.  Given the fact that we're in late October, I don't see Sennheiser making the formal announcement prior to CES 2016 with pricing (that's in January 2016).  Why should they announce a price before/during Christmas shopping season of a headphone that might not be available on store shelves?

Just my $0.02 

Axel said in the video that they would be released soon. I was hoping before Christmas. January would give me more time to save though. 

Oct 26, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #477 of 6,504
3 months ago I haed back a third pair. Six months ago Follow my posts .I explains in detail the various headphones. 4 pair of for comparable - when I found his so loved them, however. It is his of my fernd or the other hand . I have right now 2 are different from each other - almost everything - newer is fuller bass more than filled the information on the full even higher if the width of the platform is very good - but old. Give me more openness than both. More balanced with a huge stage width and depth and sound - with them I hear 95% of the time - are older than 291XX .the old 159XX .the new is different.bass mid highs is so rich in sound but always I go back to my old. With the German Lyman amplifier with CD Tchncis 770A pd-s 802 pioneer
Sound very different - but I'm joined by Sony XA50ES my jaw drop' in the old hd800. the new is Laxman P-1U and marantz SA11 S1 - except the news as the best .. so Each has a different sound - hd800s that's how I would appreciate a bit more than a bit HD800 down in sound i well her right away? To my ears did not hear hd800s in my equipment .i canot Judge

Like that's left is to rely on the experience of the listener who has them HD800S at the moment - without prejudice to forbid criticism - and thanks to the extensive information on the subject - I believe the experience of the 40 years since I had the DH414 so. Even the slightest change in the weather - wet, tired. Recording intensity differences - different source different conditions may sound very good or not good in one place anywhere else. So I am very careful about what I write and what I hear and I always write what I have heard in my some equipment - for twice the best equipment it can sound like a hollow iron in bad day . My conclusion - a good day hearing good - superb source. those conditions then you can hear - I hear two different results/ recording the same source amplifier that connects two headphones - my amplifiers with two different results - taking another source different result if HD800 only before,

Oct 26, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #480 of 6,504
I know yea. They stopped using fairy dust post 10xxx units

I think they ran out. 

Your first post! Intersting
[/quot

The newer ones use unicorn tears, which reduces the 6kHz spike:beers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back