Sennheiser HD800/HD800S Earpad Dimensions
Nov 30, 2023 at 3:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

LΕGΕND

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for some headsets, and I realized that not many sites post the earpad size/dimensions. I did want to know this information for a few headphones, especially the Sennheiser HD800 and HD800S. This being said, would anyone have access to both the external and internal dimensions for the original earpads for the HD800/HD800S?
Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Nov 30, 2023 at 11:01 PM Post #2 of 6
Sennheiser still sells the original pads on their parts Web site. They may have dimensions there, but Dekoni also should if you just want outside dimensions, theirs are usually a little thicker depth.
I've tried most of the aftermarket pads for them. The Alcantara material makes a big difference. It held up the original release because of a supply problem, and they wouldn't use a different material.

Dec 1, 2023 at 2:30 AM Post #3 of 6
Sennheiser still sells the original pads on their parts Web site. They may have dimensions there, but Dekoni also should if you just want outside dimensions, theirs are usually a little thicker depth.
I've tried most of the aftermarket pads for them. The Alcantara material makes a big difference. It held up the original release because of a supply problem, and they wouldn't use a different material.
Yeah, checked there but unfortunately no luck. Regarding Dekoni, I heard that their earpad dimensions are sometimes quite different from the original, which is why I wanted to check the dimensions for the original ones specifically. I even reached out to Sennheiser support, but they gave me a replay with some weird numbers, which were far off from the measurements that Dekni provided, and I knew were not right.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2023 at 11:24 AM Post #4 of 6
Careful with the Dekoni pads. The stock Sennheiser pads on the HD800 are pretty flat - for a reason. The inside of the can is designed to contain the ear almost completely inside the can. Along with the angled drivers, this means the distance from driver to ear is pretty critical. I found the Dekoni fenestrated sheepskin pads (absolutely love them on HD650s!!) pushed the cans much further out from the ears. The result was very, very bad sound. I returned the Dekonis almost immediately and have stuck with the genuine Sennheiser pads ever since.

Dec 2, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #5 of 6
Careful with the Dekoni pads. The stock Sennheiser pads on the HD800 are pretty flat - for a reason. The inside of the can is designed to contain the ear almost completely inside the can. Along with the angled drivers, this means the distance from driver to ear is pretty critical. I found the Dekoni fenestrated sheepskin pads (absolutely love them on HD650s!!) pushed the cans much further out from the ears. The result was very, very bad sound. I returned the Dekonis almost immediately and have stuck with the genuine Sennheiser pads ever since.
I did hear this as well from some - would you happen to have the measurements by any chance?

Dec 8, 2023 at 8:17 AM Post #6 of 6
As per 'tomb' states best to stick with the original pads as found the same. The cups are huge with pads to match. iirc internal size was something like 80mm wide by 100mm - this is me using my fingers and remembering where the pads sat around my ears as unfortunately don't have them to hand anymore as sold them on. Yep, they are shallow as well, no more than 10-15mm high/thick.
Sorry, not much help - but wanted to backup the opinion on using stock for the hd800/820 headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back