Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K702 65th or Hifiman He500 ?
Aug 29, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #166 of 172
Will be nice to ask those guy at the sonicsenseproaudio for a video/audio review of the Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K702 65th vs Hifiman He50,

From this video I can easy tell the K702 have a better balance and instruments/ sound separation. Those probably the new 650s drivers, the treble sounds a lot better, but still some boost in the ;ower mids.

Aug 29, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #167 of 172
Way too late to post this now, but for Asian female vocals such as Kpop and Jpop, Audio Technica AD1000X or AD2000X is the King. They were specifically made and tuned for that specific genre. I have tried DT880, K701, K702, Q701, HD598, HD600, K812, and HD800. They are all a joke compared to Audio Technica. The only thing that comes even close to Audio Technica regarding Asian female vocals is Beyerdynamic T1, but I still say the Audio Technica wins by a fair margin. However, when it comes to piano or any other genre of music including western female vocals or Asian male vocals, that is a completely different story. I can't emphasize enough, Audio Technica's engineers had one goal in their mind when making these headphones, and that was Asian female vocal. Nothing else.

Aug 29, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #168 of 172
  Will be nice to ask those guy at the sonicsenseproaudio for a video/audio review of the Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K702 65th vs Hifiman He50,

From this video I can easy tell the K702 have a better balance and instruments/ sound separation. Those probably the new 650s drivers, the treble sounds a lot better, but still some boost in the ;ower mids.

Maybe it's because I'm listening to this with HD650's, but the strings sound more balanced in the first song, as well as the piano and drums in the second song, I also much prefer the "rich" sound the HD650s have. All headphones in this range though really are good though, and it all comes down to preference and what you want to hear. Really cool video.

Aug 29, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #169 of 172

Maybe it's because I'm listening to this with HD650's, but the strings sound more balanced in the first song, as well as the piano and drums in the second song, I also much prefer the "rich" sound the HD650s have. All headphones in this range though really are good though, and it all comes down to preference and what you want to hear. 

Can you hear a better instrument separation of the K702 with your HD650? 

Aug 29, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #170 of 172

Can you hear a better instrument separation of the K702 with your HD650? 

That video doesn't demonstrate separation at all, imo. It is more so showing the sound signature. I believe both headphones will separate the instruments well and not leave any out, or have other instruments over shadow the other. All I can really do Is speak for my HD650s, and say the separation and positional audio on these headphones is outstanding. In songs, the music has real depth and you can pick out the placement of where certain instruments are and it really makes for a fully encompassing music listening experience. The drums, and cymbals really stand out in instrument separation type way. Hard to describe. 

Aug 29, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #171 of 172
  Way too late to post this now, but for Asian female vocals such as Kpop and Jpop, Audio Technica AD1000X or AD2000X is the King. They were specifically made and tuned for that specific genre. I have tried DT880, K701, K702, Q701, HD598, HD600, K812, and HD800. They are all a joke compared to Audio Technica. The only thing that comes even close to Audio Technica regarding Asian female vocals is Beyerdynamic T1, but I still say the Audio Technica wins by a fair margin. However, when it comes to piano or any other genre of music including western female vocals or Asian male vocals, that is a completely different story. I can't emphasize enough, Audio Technica's engineers had one goal in their mind when making these headphones, and that was Asian female vocal. Nothing else.

Hard to imagine they make a headphone just for that. Sounds interesting. You have a source?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back