Sennheiser HD650 Repair?
Feb 8, 2010 at 9:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

andrewho83

New Head-Fier
I think I may have yanked the cable too hard after hearing yesterday's superbowl half time show, and as a result I may have broken the female connector inside the driver element. It looks as if the gold plate which the cable connects to is missing from its hole.

Is there any way to repair this myself? I am quite sure the driver works fine but it's just the connection there is gone. I've called Sennheiser as a backup plan, but that runs about $45 labour + $52 per driver, and they recommend replacing both drivers.

Anyways, as always, your help is always appreciated and if needed, I will most likely have to replace them both (which will certainly dig into my HD800 fund).

Feb 8, 2010 at 11:00 PM Post #3 of 9
Eh, I'd be wary of buying only one driver. The drivers should really be matched. Other than that, installing them yourself is quite easy, FWIR.

Feb 8, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eh, I'd be wary of buying only one driver. The drivers should really be matched. Other than that, installing them yourself is quite easy, FWIR.

and also make sure you buy the matching housing and earpads that goes with the drivers.

Feb 8, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Justice Strike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and also make sure you buy the matching housing and earpads that goes with the drivers.

I'd be pissed if my left ear was always louder than the right, man, so don't be so quick to be an arse.

Feb 8, 2010 at 11:23 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Drivers need to be matched, otherwise there could be a fairly annoying volume difference between the two.

Feb 8, 2010 at 11:25 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Drivers need to be matched, otherwise there could be a fairly annoying volume difference between the two.

yes... your point being? Let me clarify... i think sennheiser has a second revision of their hd650 since 2008. So housing and pads might well be different.

Feb 9, 2010 at 3:56 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

yes... your point being? Let me clarify... i think sennheiser has a second revision of their hd650 since 2008. So housing and pads might well be different.

You definitely came off as being sarcastic. I apologize for my reaction.

Feb 9, 2010 at 12:14 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You definitely came off as being sarcastic. I apologize for my reaction.

sorry, i thought you knew there was a second revision. Messages often don't reflect intonation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back