Sennheiser HD448 vs Grado Sr60
Aug 13, 2010 at 12:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

kimmiboy2

New Head-Fier
Hey guys..

After some pretty thorough research for headphones under 100$ i've found that the Sennheiser HD448 and Grado SR60 are some of the greatest headphones out there. Now it's all about picking one of them, which I find to be extremely difficult ! 

Recently i was in a store listening to the Grado SR60, and i thought they were just amazing which, you know, should be enough convincing me to buy them. But i can't help to think, "What if the HD448 are better??". Since i don't have a chance listening to those pair of headphones before i buy them, i'm kinda hoping that some of you guys have tried both and can share your experience of it? 

What i really loved about the grado's was the kick ass bass (i'm not sure if that's the correct term, but i'm refering to the same kick that you get from subwoofers). Does the HD448 deliver the same or even better quality of sound, and furthermore bass/kick? 

I'm really looking forward to your answer. Thanks!

//Kim

Aug 13, 2010 at 3:58 PM Post #2 of 5
I've never tried the Grados (though I really wish I could) but I'm almost certain that the HD448 do not have that "kick-ass bass". They are very good closed cans, but most people - including myself at times - feel that the bass is either lacking in quality (due to a bit of resonance which makes the midbass echo around a bit) or in quantity, because they have a bit of bass rolloff, especially unamped.

That being said, they are smooth, very clear and detailed, upfront but not agressive like the Grados. If you liked the Grado sound, buy the SR60 (or buy two and send one my way :D).

Aug 14, 2010 at 3:07 PM Post #3 of 5
Haha :D

Thanks a bunch for your answer zmd, that will definetly help me pick my next pair of headphones (which will probably be the SR60). And if i ever do get rich, i sure will remember to send one in your way. :wink: 

Aug 14, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #4 of 5
Although... if i could just borrow your wisdom just a moment more. :wink: 

The grado SR60 are so damn expensive in my country (about 110$)... so i think it's just a wee bit over my current budget. I wonder if you know of any other headphone that has about the same sound quality as the grado's (especially its kick), just cheaper?

Aug 15, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #5 of 5
Go go go for Grado SR60!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back