Sennheiser HD360 Pro = PX360?
Jan 5, 2014 at 4:04 AM Post #61 of 95
Tested the HD-360 Pro in my studio... finally :)

I compared him with some other headphones.
But what's clear to me, while connected and tested in the studio, to a heavy amplifier and direct on the mixer etc.... ?

His soundstage on an amplifier, (with a loundness presence which is good for full size HiFi headphones) he is too bassy and a bit sharp hights.
Ofcourse you can tune it with the tone control, but in a "flat setting" he doesn't sound flat. It's more a V-shaped soundstage.

On sources without an equalizer or tone-control he creates a very good sound. (as well on an iPhone), so it's for me a real monitoring headphone or "mobile" headphone.
His performing is very close to the HD-25 1-II to me, with a bit more warmth.

Well done for this "exclusive" created model !!!!!

Jan 23, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #65 of 95
Could someone compare the HD 360's to the Audio technica M50 for me? Not very learned in the way of headphones, but I thought the M50's were good and its reviews are good. However, with the 360's price on woot right now, I might just give in early.

Jan 29, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #68 of 95
M50 is more durable and more comfortable if your ears aren't small enough for HD360.  M50 is bassier, has a larger and more spacious soundstage, and has a greater analytical ability.  Both headphones boast a V-shaped signature, but HD360 has a moderate low bass boost while M50 has very prominent midbass instead.  HD360 has a somewhat more controlled sound and clearer bass and treble.
M50 is also easier to mod for cable detachability with its bigger cups.
Edit: also, HD360's sensitivity is lower.

Apr 21, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #70 of 95
M50 is more durable and more comfortable if your ears aren't small enough for HD360.  M50 is bassier, has a larger and more spacious soundstage, and has a greater analytical ability.  Both headphones boast a V-shaped signature, but HD360 has a moderate low bass boost while M50 has very prominent midbass instead.  HD360 has a somewhat more controlled sound and clearer bass and treble.
M50 is also easier to mod for cable detachability with its bigger cups.
Edit: also, HD360's sensitivity is lower.

Agree with all this. Just got a pair of m-50 a week ago and they are superior in every aspect but they are more expensive. For the budget the 360 do a decent job but if you can afford a little more the M50 or srh750dj are 2 good headset that offer more in my opinion.

Apr 23, 2014 at 2:45 AM Post #71 of 95
Ok, a spoiler here. The HD 360 PRO still exists. Do a simple google search of the HD 360 PRO. There will be a search result leading to the sennheiser usa website. The website says it is a cross between the HD 280 PRO, popular PX 360 and superstar HD 380 PRO. A bit overhyped to me.

Apr 23, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #72 of 95
Mad max, how much greater is the M50 analytical ability? How much better is the bass and treble of the HD 360 PRO? FYI tyll at innerfidelity said the new M50x has a warmer tilt, and a lot of stridence in the highs are reduced. Also, a head fi reviewer said that bass is tighter and soundstage is wider.

Apr 25, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #73 of 95
Plenty better in the midrange.  I would say M50 is almost mercilessly revealing in the midrange.  360 falls a little bit behind.

I've heard a handful of M50 headphones and my HD360Pro bests them all in terms of bass and treble quality.  M50 sounds muddy, bloated, and veiled in the bass by comparison and its treble is bright and clear, but 360 is clearer and more revealing.  Soundstaging is where 360 gets beat, which isn't all that difficult anyway.

I have not yet heard the M50x, and I definitely intend to eventually as I almost liked the original M50 enough to keep one, and the HeadRoom graphs show that its FR is about the same as the original, except with the big 10kHz peak eliminated, so it should certainly sound more mellow.  One particular M50 that I heard had killer staging, besting even my DT770-250, which shocked me a bit.  The others couldn't hold a candle to my DT770.

Apr 26, 2014 at 7:33 AM Post #74 of 95
You should the M50x LE too. Someone said that the previous M50 LE had better, more forward midrange and very much less stridence in the highs. So the M50x LE should have an improvement over the M50x.

Apr 26, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #75 of 95
Mad max, have you heard the PX 360? How different is it to the HD 360 PRO? FYI my review can be found underneath where there is a link to 2 PX 360 reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back