Sennheiser HD25
Apr 19, 2005 at 10:44 AM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by some1x
How well does HD25 isolate? Good enough for a busy cafe? in the subway?

They isolate very well. You can't get much better isolation unless you go for in ear phones.

Apr 19, 2005 at 10:47 AM Post #17 of 26
Thanks for your comments and reviews. I am also considering the shure e4c when it comes out. wonder how that would compare with the 595 and a900

Apr 19, 2005 at 12:19 PM Post #18 of 26
imo the hd25 is not worth the price - even factoring in the build quality and isolation.

you could do much better for a little more, or slightly worse for a LOT less; the former would be the er4p, the latter, the px200.

Apr 19, 2005 at 12:52 PM Post #19 of 26
Still, the PX100 and PX200 is not just slightly worse but MUCH worse in each and every point (and I have a hard time seeing that this can even be discussed here
eek.gif
). I sometime think that the HD56 is another different (inexpensive) lightweight alternative to the latest PX series, since it doesn't have that aggressive bass attack, but on the other hand sounds quite masked & murky, but not offensive in any way.

Agreed & Admitted - the HD25 isn't perfect or a highly resolving headphone. But for it's compact size it still offers the isolation that some want along with great monitoring abilities in noisy environments (hence the bass over-emphasisis though still detailed). Cameramen and sound engineers swear by this headphone because of this + the high sensitivity. In a way, the requirments that a portable listener wants are often the same.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 20, 2005 at 2:28 PM Post #20 of 26
Any more comments? compare the hd25s to shures canalphones... I'm picking shures over etys even though I haven't heard either because my gut feeling says they have better build quality and also can be used rolling around bed better than ety's

Apr 20, 2005 at 7:52 PM Post #21 of 26
I bought Shure E3c's, but sold them soon after, as they had lacking highs and therefore needed EQ'ing (something my iPod doesn't do very well). I didn't like the fuss of plugging them in and out of my ears either.

After the E3c's, I bought the HD 25-1. I've been using them for a week and I really, really like them. very good isolation (just right, in fact, where I feel the E3c's were too much) and much better balanced sound. a little more bass than what I'd call neutral, but that's only a good thing when being out and about.

Sep 26, 2007 at 5:40 AM Post #23 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by adhoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
imo the hd25 is not worth the price - even factoring in the build quality and isolation.

you could do much better for a little more, or slightly worse for a LOT less; the former would be the er4p, the latter, the px200.

I respectfully disagree. I say that it's impossible for the sennheiser line to produce a headphone that's worse than px200.
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 1, 2007 at 4:27 AM Post #24 of 26
i am considering selling my e500's and using these, while keeping e4c's as super portable as i feel that they isolate better with less bone noise than e500's.

how much worse is the isolation with HD-25's and are the highs noticibly better? details? how do they compare with say er-4, UE-10, or full sized cans? how do they compare with the e500s everywhere else? soundstage?

how about with a cable upgrade?

i'm wary of this 8-10khz spike i see on headroom's graph and the "unnatural" piano notes, lifeless violin, unnatural bass decay since those are my favorite instruments. this is from the review from saint panda.

i feel that it would be a step in the right direction towards higher end full sized cans from IEMs, although i prefer isolation as i have decent speakers at home. also people trying to talk to me with IEM's in is rather annoying.

Nov 21, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #25 of 26
It's all about preference.
I got hd25-1 II and I love then for home and portable use .
The sound quality is great and the isolation is superb.
I can't find faults with this cans.
But you opinion may differ.

Nov 21, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #26 of 26

Quote:
It's all about preference.
I got hd25-1 II and I love then for home and portable use .
The sound quality is great and the isolation is superb.
I can't find faults with this cans.
But you opinion may differ.

Maybe so and I agree, but why drudge up a thread from 2007?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back