sennheiser hd25-1 ii
Oct 6, 2013 at 2:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

hanbrolo253

New Head-Fier
so currently im using  ipod headphones and i want to upgrade to an on the ear headphones, so far the sennheiser hd25-1 ii got my attention, i heard that they were a little tight around the head (and i have a pretty big head lol ), so my main question are they comfortable anyways ?

Oct 7, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #2 of 5
Hi Hanbrolo253.

I work for Sennhesier so I am biased, but in fact I use HD 25 Originals with my iPod and the sound quality is fantastic. I have access to all Sennheiser headphones and these are the ones I choose. They are very comfortable even over long periods and the passive noise isolation is excellent. You won't have any trouble with your mobile device using these headphones.

Oct 7, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #3 of 5
Hey Southak
Thanks for the info!

i also sometimes have a problem with the cable (i.e only one side of the headphones work), so with the sennheiser is the cable replaceable?

Thanks

-AAH

Oct 7, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #4 of 5
  so currently im using  ipod headphones and i want to upgrade to an on the ear headphones, so far the sennheiser hd25-1 ii got my attention, i heard that they were a little tight around the head (and i have a pretty big head lol ), so my main question are they comfortable anyways ?

I've been using the hd25-1 ii for a long time - in the office and they were my travelling headphone when I travelled 4 months around the world at the beginning of this year. I've always liked them very much. they are very tight - in the beginning its kind of annyoing feeling, but you get used to it. they are also very sturdy - almost undestroyable.

After I came back from my travellings I got a chance to listen to the new momentums over ear and i was kinda blown away. that was exactly the kind of headphone i always wanted for my android & work environment. i like the sound of the momentum better - if you compare them side by side the hd25 has way more bass - but not in a good way. for me everything sounds better with the momentum. they also look way better - the 25s look is a little bit cheap for the money.

if you like "undestroyable", more bass and better noice cancelling go for the hd25
if you like more comfort, better look and IMO better overall sound go for the momentums

HTH, cheers raphi

Oct 12, 2013 at 5:06 AM Post #5 of 5

i also sometimes have a problem with the cable (i.e only one side of the headphones work), so with the sennheiser is the cable replaceable?

The cable is replaceable, yes. There are several different versions including a coiled version. If you check the Sennheiser UK spares website you'll see you can order the whole headphone as spare parts! http://spares.sennheiser.co.uk/pro-audio-headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back