Sennheiser HD25-1 ii cable issues
Oct 12, 2013 at 5:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Embed

New Head-Fier
Hi there,

First post here, really like the site :)

So I've got a problem with my 25's. The sound is dropping out of each side and I have determined that its due to the cable.
The end of the cable that plugs into the headphones (red and black) with the two spike connectors is somehow loose and is failing to keep a connection.
If I push the protruding part of the connection I can get the signal back but I have to keep it held otherwise it just drops again.

Now is this an issue people have seen before? If so, will a new cable help the issue? I'm in 2 minds if it will or not because there is nothing physically wrong with the cable I have right now and the spiked ends are immaculate.

Can you suggest resolutions or anything that might help?

Many thanks in advance :)

Oct 12, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #2 of 6
The question is whether the issue is on the cable or on the female connector on the headphone. I hope that it is the first. 
You can either get a new cable or get a new connector and solder it on. 

Oct 12, 2013 at 5:50 AM Post #4 of 6
  If it is the female part of the connection, is there a solution? I have yet to take the headphone apart completely.

If it is a problem with the headphone, the best thing would be to send them back to Sennheiser. 

Oct 14, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #5 of 6
Hi again,

Im going to RMA them back to Sennheiser but because they are older than 2 years i need to pay, which is fine.

On the RMA form its asking me what the fault is. Im not sure which to choose;
510 - No Audio
or
517 - No sound from ear/headphone

I'm sure it doesn't matter but i'd like to get it right!
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back