Sennheiser HD 600
Dec 30, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #3 of 36
I'm sorry 65dos, but I'm going to start reporting your posts as spam. You've received some great advice in the 20 other threads you've started and also in the New Headphones Advice Thread. At the end of the day you just need to pull the trigger. Only you can decide if any headphone is right for you.

Dec 30, 2010 at 7:21 PM Post #5 of 36
Well, I admit that I have never heard a pair (only seen behind glass), but from whatever I can gather here on HF,

1. The overall sound is "Dark";
2. Their headbands may break one day;
3. A tiny risk of having a loose driver.

Also I like that Deep Sea color tone (real thing is grey, but with some lights it can be blue).

Dec 30, 2010 at 7:31 PM Post #6 of 36
#1 is not accurate. #2 & #3 apply to all headphones.

Quote:
Well, I admit that I have never heard a pair (only seen behind glass), but from whatever I can gather here on HF,

1. The overall sound is "Dark";
2. Their headbands may break one day;
3. A tiny risk of having a loose driver.

Also I like that Deep Sea color tone (real thing is grey, but with some lights it can be blue).

Dec 30, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #8 of 36

Quote:
I'm sorry 65dos, but I'm going to start reporting your posts as spam. You've received some great advice in the 20 other threads you've started and also in the New Headphones Advice Thread. At the end of the day you just need to pull the trigger. Only you can decide if any headphone is right for you.

I believe this unsympathetic attitude towards the angst of the noobie is contrary to the true spirit of Head-Fi :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0GW0Vnr9Yc

Dec 30, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #9 of 36
You haven't been following his posts....

Quote:
Quote:

I believe this unsympathetic attitude towards the angst of the noobie is contrary to the true spirit of Head-Fi :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0GW0Vnr9Yc

Dec 30, 2010 at 9:00 PM Post #10 of 36
I ordered one on Monday. It should be here next week. Stay tuned for my Unboxing video and impressions. I would compare it to my new HD650. I don't know which I would keep. Stay tuned!

Dec 30, 2010 at 9:45 PM Post #11 of 36
I will definitely check it out.

Quote:
I ordered one on Monday. It should be here next week. Stay tuned for my Unboxing video and impressions. I would compare it to my new HD650. I don't know which I would keep. Stay tuned!

Dec 30, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #13 of 36

Quote:
You haven't been following his posts....

Awesome. Just six words to convey the sense of humour of Sherlock Holmes and deductive skills of Dr Watson
biggrin.gif
  JK

Dec 31, 2010 at 1:00 AM Post #14 of 36
65dos, I will keep this simple - The HD600 is one headphone that cannot go wrong. It is the one Headphone you need to own and experience (Properly Amped, though) before you decide to continue your onward journey through this Thuggee Territory. You may well decide to keep the HD600 forever, even if you upgrade or Sidestep the Sennheiser Sound, because this 'phone is still that good, even though it is is evidently getting long in the tooth, compared to the newer Generation of Big-Bucks Cans. It is still the Reference point for most Headphone afficionados, and even for manufacturers of other headphones and amps.

So Stop fretting, and Order those Phones Already!!

Dec 31, 2010 at 1:33 AM Post #15 of 36
Ugly.

Never heard it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back