Sennheiser HD 600 for Classical music and Jazz
Jan 17, 2012 at 4:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Opus131

100+ Head-Fier
Been doing some research, and it seems that those are supposed to be the most neutral sounding among the entire Sennheiser line (with the exception of the HD 800, but i'm not anywhere near the point where i can afford something like that). I was thinking of pairing those headphones with a Yulong D100. Between the two of them i would end up spending about 500 euros, which fits my current budget. What does anybody thinks? I'm pretty new to high end audio, and this is my first purchase in this direction. Right now i'm using a pair of Westone UM1 and an ipod, so this should be a nice step up, hopefully. 

Jan 17, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #2 of 4
I'm not so sure that the HD-800 would be more neutral - a lot of people find it overly bright.  But the HD-600 is certainly a fantastic can for classical and jazz if you're looking for a fairly neutral, relaxed presentation of them.

Jan 17, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #3 of 4
Well, coming from a fellow Coltrane fan, i suppose that's settles it, haha. 

What about the DAC/amp combo? Perhaps i should make a specific thread in the other subforum. 

Jan 17, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #4 of 4
I'm not the person to ask about amps.  I run them through a FiiO E9 (as do a fair number of other HD-600 owners) and they sound great, but there are better options for more federation credits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back