Sennheiser hd 555 help
Feb 11, 2012 at 11:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

slugger13

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,
I own a pair of Sennheiser HD 555's. I know they are a bit old but its okay :p. I know there is the 595 mod but I havnt done it yet. It may sound crazy but I want to make it want to make it where you can only hear it when they are on your ears. I dont want other people listening to my music. I listen to rap and my parents hate when they hear a curse word. Any suggestions to reduce this?

Feb 11, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #2 of 6
Buy closed headphones.

You could try putting some dynamat or blutack over the holes, but that would probably screw up the sound completely.

Feb 24, 2012 at 12:54 AM Post #3 of 6
Agree with LimeANite, you shouldn't had bought open back headphone if you don't want others to hear you music, or maybe you should just turn the volume down to the point that you can't hear the curse words clearly from outside of the headphone anymore.

Feb 24, 2012 at 5:35 AM Post #6 of 6
Having owned the HD-555s before, if you listen in your own room with your door closed, no one outside should be able to heal your music unless you're blasting it at damaging levels. If you're listening quietly with your parents around you, then they should have a hard time deciphering words over the beat anyway.

Otherwise, closed headphones/IEMs or even earphones will do better for your case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back