sennheiser hd 250 linear 1 600 ohm variant vs 300 ohm version?
May 15, 2023 at 4:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

RandomGuy01

New Head-Fier
I picked up a pair of kef 101 studio monitors today and I got a pair of hd 250s with them for free. I am pretty familiar with the hd 540s though I do not currently have a pair to compare them to, but I have never heard the hd 250s before today. Now back to the main topic I measured my pair and figured out that it's a 600 ohm model. I expected this from the start seeing how much trouble my thx 789 is having with running them single ended. I do, however, surprisingly like these headphones. I have been in the market for a decent pair of closed backs for a bit but have never been able to really find anything but these might be it. Now obviously running a 600 ohm model with my current set up is not ideal so I was wondering if there is any sonic differences between the 300 ohm and 600 ohm models. Also regarding pads I am currently using them with dt 770 pro pads, but they are pretty loose on the rings so I don't think this is the ideal way to get a good seal. Anyone know any high quality replacements for these headphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back