Sennheiser hd 228 vs Skullcandy Ink'd vs Audio Technica ATH m50?
Jun 5, 2010 at 2:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

EARection

New Head-Fier
I was wondering which sounds the best. I am thinking of getting the Sennheiser hd 228's but does the M50 sound better. I'll be using them with my computer and ipod touch. A portable amp if necessary is fine no more than $100.

And I just threw in the skull candy ink'd because a friend of mine was boasting about how they sound so amazing and he was saying that they probably sound as good as any $100 dollar headphone because, "There aren't any headphones better than a Skullcandy." And he was serious. So, what it be ATH M50 or HD 228?

Jun 5, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #3 of 6
Don't bother with the skullcandies, i dont own the hd 228's but i do own the ATH-M50s and they are great and really worth it for 100$ considering people compare them to more expensive headphones.

Jun 5, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #4 of 6
I liked the inkd buds better than there larger headphones but then again neither of them compared to my k518s.
The real answer to your question is to hit your friend in the head.

Jul 10, 2010 at 6:48 PM Post #5 of 6
I agree that the Skullcandy Ink'd make awesome IEMs to use as a sling or a whip after they break, what I don't agree with is what your friend said. Give your friend a small karate chop on the noggin.

Jul 10, 2010 at 7:18 PM Post #6 of 6
Please just smack your friend across the head (Not really). Ink'd are nowhere as close to Ultimate Ears In-Ear headphones. I suggest Audio Technica M50's for that price range :), have fun seeing your friends reaction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back