Sennheiser CX300-outdated?
Apr 30, 2009 at 6:07 AM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PX100, PMX100, HD201, Portapro, KSC-75, iBuds G2, MX500, MX550.

Porta Pro is crap
smily_headphones1.gif

CX 300 is way more convenient, than any of headphones from your list.

Maybe SQ of CX 300 not so good, but for their price it's not so bad at all. I've used them for a about a year.

I think, it's better to use CX 300 then most of the bundled earphones.

Apr 30, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vladimir_F1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Porta Pro is crap
smily_headphones1.gif

CX 300 is way more convenient, than any of headphones from your list.

Maybe SQ of CX 300 not so good, but for their price it's not so bad at all. I've used them for a about a year.

I think, it's better to use CX 300 then most of the bundled earphones.

ooo your going into a whole bucket of worms there my friend, i've listened to both, the porta pros far exceed the CX300 for anything except maybe size and styling? but I'd agree the CX300 are a decent upgrade

Apr 30, 2009 at 6:38 PM Post #18 of 25
if your happy! your happy!. outdated noooo, no earphones are outdated just outnumbered like alot of headphones, dont make them any less better or worse. just enjoy what you have.

Apr 30, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by playingwithfire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
really meh about RE2 after about mmmm 10 hours of listening burn in(that's burning in while listening
beyersmile.png
)

CX300 really isn't bad for bassy music. Assuming what you listen to are rock and pop and hip hop of today it'll do just fine. And it is REALLY comfortable.

I would guess that I'm approaching 100 hours with my RE2 and they have definitely improved with age. I do have trouble with the bass response unless I have a very good seal. I use the white bi-flange tips, wash them with dish soap every evening and insert after coating the tips with salivia (my own!) - all of which helps.

I tried the Comply T400 foam tips, which were absolutely useless ($15 + shipping down the drain).

Apr 30, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by nycbone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would guess that I'm approaching 100 hours with my RE2 and they have definitely improved with age. I do have trouble with the bass response unless I have a very good seal. I use the white bi-flange tips, wash them with dish soap every evening and insert after coating the tips with salivia (my own!) - all of which helps.

I tried the Comply T400 foam tips, which were absolutely useless ($15 + shipping down the drain).

I use the big semi clear bi-flange, the seal is NOT a problem. I can hardly hear much wearing it. I think more bass has came in the last 10 hours of listening, but then again it could just be mental, it's still VERY weak in that department. I know it might be comparing apples to oranges, but the Denon 1001 that I have which lots of people has complained about bass has much nicer(refined, amount...) bass.(also over 100 hours burn in)

and saliva? ewww! anything for good sound I guess
dt880smile.png

May 1, 2009 at 12:34 AM Post #21 of 25
i'm with duggeh; anything but the CX300 biggest pile of doggie do around. get yourself a deal ohn the apple IEMs can pick them up for around $60 if you look well.

May 1, 2009 at 12:36 AM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by nycbone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

you obviously werent using them correctly or bought the wrong size; they are actually exceptional foams IMO

May 1, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The CX300 were crap when they came out, they're crap now and as long as they're made they'll continue to be crap. In ths manner, they will never become outdated.

"Welcome to all things Scottish. If it's not Scottish, it's CRRRRRRAP!!!"
http://sounds.wavcentral.com/televis...ttish_crap.mp3
I agree that they were, are, and will be crap. Your post echos Mike Meyers from his days at SNL. Maybe that was your point as you are from Scotland?

I'd put the lowly JVC Marshmallow way above the CX300. Maybe mine were counterfeit tho.

May 1, 2009 at 3:25 AM Post #24 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you obviously werent using them correctly or bought the wrong size; they are actually exceptional foams IMO

The only references to Comply tips that I found for the RE2 were for the T400. They don't expand enough to fill my ear canal. I use expanding foam earplugs for sleeping and using power tools. Pretty simple to use...
wink.gif

May 1, 2009 at 3:27 AM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by playingwithfire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and saliva? ewww! anything for good sound I guess
dt880smile.png

Yeah, I get funny looks when I prep them for insertion while riding the subway.

Keeps the freaks at a safe distance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back